Exiled Kingdoms game engine?

RadialArcX81

I'm just curious what the engine is called exactly that this game is using? I saw another game that looks just like this on Google Play and it made me question on where you can get a hold of this engine/assets. It's a perfect game. I must know.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
RadialArcX81":22prslyt said:
and it made me question on where you can get a hold of this engine/assets. It's a perfect game. I must know.
Well, there's already been question about using EK's own engine here.

Maybe if enough people ask for licencing EK's engine, David decide to enable just that.

Xen

Loreseeker
It is a custom engine made by David there is no actual name to it.
It looks like it is using similar engine from other games because you see the sprites from Flare project which is open source meaning you can freely get the sprites because it is open for all, not for commercial purpose just like the Linux OS.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Xen":vqpom6o9 said:
It looks like it is using similar engine from other games because you see the sprites from Flare project which is open source meaning you can freely get the sprites because it is open for all, not for commercial purpose just like the Linux OS.

They use same objects (Flair) but not the same engine.

http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/ek_credits.html

That's why it seems to be similar, but their not. ;)

Xen

Loreseeker
p4ran0id":37rnnwxn said:
Xen":37rnnwxn said:

They use same objects (Flair) but not the same engine.

http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/ek_credits.html

That's why it seems to be similar, but their not. ;)

Yeah I know that is what I'm saying, what I mean is at first glance if you don't know what engine it is using you can say it is using the same engine from a different game because you can see the sprites from Flare project but actually not, because it is a custom engine exclusively made for EK by David and it doesn't have a specific name.

VDX_360

Staff member
Xen":uotsmbay said:
... it doesn't have a specific name.
Well, we can fix that.... by the complete lack of power* invested in me by David's absence, I hear by declare the game engine for Exiled Kingdom shall from hence forth be named "The Invisible Swamp Donkey Engine" Or ISDE for short.

Totally, legally* binding on all 12 kingdoms in the Exiled Kingdoms (the four named kingdoms, the Minotaur kingdom, the goblin kingdom, the orc kingdom, the pirate kindgom, the Batrax kingdom, the Isle of Serpents kingdom, the Under Mother's kindgom, and the one we're not supposed to talk about).

*It's less than no power at all. He won't even let me hold the key to his post office box.
*Not at all. It's as binding as the email inheritance letter the spam bots keep sending you.

VDX_360

Staff member
"ISD Engine" has a nice ring to it. Sounds technical, sounds like a name you'd trust.