Archer Help

KingJaycee

HI! HELLO! ;)

Good morning/evening (where ever you are, because here is morning) :D

i'm new to the game, (we'll not totally) but i've been playing the game since 2 days ago so i'm getting used to it like other RPG's i've played before. just to make my rpg stories shorter i always play as a archer/rouge. and for me as new to this kingdom the wilds takes no time to ramp up my character. and it's so, so, so frustrating. i can't even get to finish some quest even i read some WT for that quest. :(

asking for help/guidance/pointers/tips for a archer/rouge builds. thanks in advance :D

ps. sorry for my grammar, i am a filipino that's why i not really good at speaking/typing in english :D :D :D :D :D

Mod Note: Edited thread to a more precise tittle.

Comrey

Translator
Re: how to? :)

I'm primarily playing Warrior, but my first character was a Rogue and I can tell you that an Archer Rogue is really weak in the beginning and doesn't really shine until you've maxed out certain abilities like Archery, Kick, Sprint (or use a speed potion), Rapid Fire and Massive Criticals, and actually gotten a good bow.

In the beginning you're better off going a melee backstab Rogue focusing on Stealth, Stab and Sneak Attack, and Evasion, and then respeccing once you fulfill the "criteria" to actually be a viable archer. It's a fun playstyle but I don't find it very rewarding until you can actually effectively kill stuff, lol.

VDX_360

Staff member
First, the Archer is likely the hardest build right now because the build can be complicated. Mages are weak early on but do insane damage output that balances them a little better.

Second, the game is long and challenging so don't expect any build to blaze right through it. Take your time and remember just because you can trigger a quest to start, doesn't mean you're ready to complete it.

Third, some archer basics:
Skills: Archery is an obvious choice. Sprint can help keep distance between you and enemies, same with trap master. Almost every archer will have to be in close quarters, so evasion and kick might help.
Traits: Invest heavily into Agility. That will help you with bow damage and light weapon damage (as well as defense).
Advanced Skills: Rapid Fire and Massive Criticals are solid ideas (if Massive Criticals still works on bows), but Precision Shots and rouge skills to help with close quarter fighting are useful.

There are a few previous threads on this same subject as well as several Youtube videos showing Archers in action. Most can be found by a quick Google Search (Exiled Kingdom Archer Build). A link for one is below:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14025

p4ran0id

Staff member
My last character was a pure archer build and I finished the game without any problems ;)

Rule 1: avoid close range battle! Just run or kick and use evasion to escape, but never try to fight while your opponent is close to you!

Concentrate first on archery. Also evasion, kick and traps are quite useful. Evasion should be maxed out, but not prior, traps are also helpful for disarming traps and getting XP.

Essential Advanced skills are rapid fire, precision shots and massive critical, that is your true power.

Traits: agility is the most important, but also spend some points to end str, int and awe.

Most important thing for an archer is the Bow! Try to get the Wyrmslayer as soon as possible (works with lvl 12 if you avoid the fight with the dragon and just grab it)
http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/inde ... Wyrmslayer
Also use the weaknesses of the enemies, so take several bows with you and switch it whenever needed.

Companion: I prefer Gris with a light tanky build. She is Meatshield, damage isn't important for her. Hirge is also possible, but I prefer Gris

Here my build after SoH

Screenshot_20180321-143529.png

Screenshot_20180321-143537.png

Screenshot_20180321-143546.png

Screenshot_20180321-150118.png

Screenshot_20180321-150129.png

jacklikeslove

hello, KingJaycee.

your the 2nd Filipino I noticed on the boards besides myself. Glad to see that the game is penetrating our country.

archer rogues are probably the highest dps of all the builds in the entire game.
but you need to set it up with the right skills equipment and traits. having a tank/companion also helps a lot.

companions are permanent allied npcs that cant die. almost essential for glass cannon builds such as the archer rogue.

its very set up dependent. meaning in the early levels where you don't have much in any of the above it performs subpar relative to other builds.

here's what i recommend.
Play a melee rogue till you are about level 5-6, find a decent bow and have Hirge or at the very least Grissenda as a companion. then begin the range rogue attempt.

here's why, most early game bows have a slow attack rate. and minimal damage. not to mention the miss chance possibility when they are in melee range.
you could use skills such as archery to boost that. but you get way more mileage from skills such as stab or stealth.

also because armor plays a much bigger role than hp does early game having a buckler in your off hand is way more effective than using a bow that deals less damage than any equivalent weapon on that level.

also there's a section in the game where

mild spoiler

you will be forced to fight with zero equipment and no companions. fairly early on. if you come in as archer rogue that's dependent on so many set ups (see above) the section gets extra challenging.

also don't worry about building towards a melee rogue and having less skill and trait points to invest into archery rogue as the game lets you respec your characters if you want to.

you could choose to go through the first 5 levels as an archer rogue but i assure you that you'll have an easier time as a melee rogues just because they dont need as much resources to be effective.

lastly, the game is supposed to be tough and is designed so that you approach dungeons carefully. inching your way through progress. don't expect to jump in and clear an entire area out the first time you get in it.

as an example. lanegar mines can't really be cleared until you hit level 5-6.
though you can do some stuff in it as early as level 1.

play the game and focus on making it back alive more than anything else. eventually you and your character will get better at the game.

p4ran0id

Staff member
jacklikeslove":d4gorj9b said:
archer rogues are probably the highest dps of all the builds in the entire game.

Not really, rogue close range has more dps ;)

About range type, I would say mage can do more dps then archer

Artemis Leafarrow

p4ran0id":3ol312qm said:
jacklikeslove":3ol312qm said:

Not really, rogue close range has more dps ;)

About range type, I would say mage can do more dps then archer

I know David's stance was consistent that he would have Rogue's as the highest dps class always, however that was before mage, I am not sure if David still envisions Rogue as the highest dps. They are definitely second highest then if not highest. I would be interested to see a top geared ranged rogue and top geared mage compete dps numbers.

Back to op, yes melee rogue does do slight more damage, but only with huge backstabs. I feel archer rogue actually does better with sustained damage rather than a big burst (stab) here and there. Your crit and stun % is also through the roof with archer build, combined with high speed bow you are crit and stun enemies all the time. 13% crit, 7% stun, means 20% of the time, 1 of every 5 shots is either a crit or stunning the enemy, thats pretty sick! With a high speed bow wailing out shot after shot your crit and stunning A LOT!

The game is a challenging game, as others have said, no class/build/combo will allow you to just smash right through it. However I will vouch for archer build in my humblest of opinions is super awesome and very high damage as well as ability to stun and crit.

PS- I don't know if anyone has talked about this build, my rogue is actually a ranged hybrid of sorts. I achieve this by adding a little more to str than most pure archer rogues. This helps with light weap dmg and hps, just make sure its an even number or your not getting the next benefit.

Bottom line I can fight mostly ranged and do tons of sick damage, however if enemies charge me; with my high agi giving a decent armor, and some extra hps from str and end items, ~300 at lvl 18 for me, your going to be a dps wrecking machine with bow and dagger. Fighting mostly ranged but able to smash things up close. Just make sure you get stab to at least lvl 3, if not maxed. What I did was get it to 3, then max all my archery stuff, then go back to max it.

So what I do is send in my companion, I use Hirge, start slamming damage with my bow, rapid fire right away. Your doing so much dps enemies will aggro you. Instead of these guys who all say use sprint and evasion tactics, I say switch quick to dagger, bang em with a quick stab which will often kill them, by then Hirge should taken back aggro if your smart, switch back to bow, step away repeat. Thats kind of how I do it anyway. I don't just run run run

Also exception to this is very hard hitting enemies like boss's, often times better to not go close range at all, stay distance and use your partner to take aggro and switch it back and forth.

RagingAngelo

Been playing the game for 2 years but not really active for now.

Regardless the pure type build. A hybrid rouge/archer has the highest dps IMHO.
First activate rapid fire and then switch to melee>Evade+Stab+Flurry.. Sprint switch to bow etc..

I finished the last quest @Lv20 but barely though :lol:

PS. I'm a filipino too and developing my skills in programming. Hoping to work with david to his future awesome games :twisted: