Help! Unable to do Wizard's Guild quests

Status
Not open for further replies.

duke_universe

I'm a L18 warrior with a L16 Hirge as constant companion. Early on I accidentally pissed off Janod (because I did not realise to read all these fantastic tips) and so found myself on the uphill against the Wizard's Guild. As such, I could not attempt the "An easy job" quest because I could not even access the wizard.

Recently, I don't know what I did but I found my reputation with the Wizard's Guild has become -40 (Criminal) and I am unable to even do the other wizards' quests like "Outstanding Apprentice", "Mightier than the Sword", etc. as I cannot even get to access the wizards necessary to start the quests.

So what can I do? Help.

Thanks.

P.S. This game is awesome. Really looking forward to new updates that can unlock more areas on the map and beyond.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Even if that quest is failed, go to the Icemist teleporter. You should be given a way to redeem yourself unless you've been killing Thuramian guards.

duke_universe

HELP!!! The suggestions earlier do not work for me. Here's why:

1. I made the mistake of pissing off the wizard at New Garand and he's not to be found anymore (based on what I have read), even though I have found the Orb to return to him.

2. And I made myself an enemy of The Golden Hand when I decided to help Freida instead.

3. So when doing the quest "Lost in a Good Book", since I could not get into the Grey Library, I had to fight my way in and that somehow killed my chances with The Wizard's Guild as well.

4. I have completed The Shards of Fate and the only quests left for me are these 4 quests which are related to The Wizard's Guild but since the wizards won't talk to me, I can't go on these quests. What can be done? Can I pay my way out?
- An easy job
- Important research
- Outstanding Apprentice
- Stopping Prejudice

5. Then there is the other problem - when I accidentally teleported into the WhiteTower, the guards attacked me and I had to fight back. Then when I visited Icemist portal, even the wizard and guards attacked me. I had to kill them all. Does it mean I am not able to enter into Icemist? What can be done?

Thanks.

p4ran0id

Staff member
1. If he's gone, then you killed him (or finished the quest)
If you killed him, the only way ist to go to icemist and pay a fine.
Edit: the wizard is in Kingsbridge not in New Garand!

2.& 3. Golden hand and Grey library won't affect your reputation with wizard guild!

Just have a look at your reputation with wizard guild. What does it says?

Comrey

Translator
p4ran0id":2h61a7i7 said:
Just have a look at your reputation with wizard guild. What does it says?

I know you're trying to help and all, but if the Arcane Knights at Icemist Portal are red and attacking him on sight, it's obvious his reputation is pretty damn low.

David said there was a way for him to redeem himself but it seems that the NPC giving the redemption quest is attacking him on sight, that's the problem here.

Wyrm

Loreseeker
You have made too many "evil" choices early on. This game is choice based and it's clear the dev theme is to kill only when necessary. Diplomacy, connectedness, and honor is the best path to a quality of character. Start a new game. It's fun! Or see if you have an old save. A good way to avoid this is to randomly save in the menu before making "big" choices. Good luck!

p4ran0id

Staff member
If you like, you could upload your safe and pm it to me. I could try to solve this "Quest" if it's possible :D

Duck123

Loreseeker
What you could do is load a save before you killed the teleporter guy, then pay the fine in the whitetower town hall, that should set your reputation to 0 and you should be able to talk to the teleporter guy outside of icemist

Status
Not open for further replies.