What are good Companion equipments?

Exolisher

Was wondering what would be good equipment for Grissenda and Hirge. Only been playing rouge so I'm clueless about other class. Thought I don't mind just hints instead of giving me your own personal build. Just need a rough idea what would be a good set up.

Right now all i can think of are thuramian and legion sets or which ever item has better stats.

While at it do Velites Chain Coif really spawn on the Sarcophagis (Mercian Royal Crypt)? I've been rushing those rooms and still havent got a single one.

JarrenDrahn

Are you wanting end game builds or easy to obtain gear for mid game?

End game there is Myrosian, Ashen Minotaur and Ark gear for both Hirge and Grissenda.

Earlier you are correct with Legion being a good set for Grissenda. Blessed plate or Thuramian is good for Hirge too earlier. There are some unique items too that can be useful, like the essence gauntlets for Hirge.

p4ran0id

Staff member
That question is too complicated to answer.

It depends on your build and which supporter you prefer (str or AGI build), also which enemy you have to fight. There is no "one perfect combination for all"

Against undead for example, you should take armor with death defense, it's more important then the pure defense. And so on, try different things and find what suits better to you

Exolisher

JarrenDrahn":334j7glg said:
Are you wanting end game builds or easy to obtain gear for mid game?

End game there is Myrosian, Ashen Minotaur and Ark gear for both Hirge and Grissenda.

Earlier you are correct with Legion being a good set for Grissenda. Blessed plate or Thuramian is good for Hirge too earlier. There are some unique items too that can be useful, like the essence gauntlets for Hirge.

For now probably mid game items since I just finished Shards of Fate and since I have no idea what end/post-game is like. And Thanks for the advice!

(Ama sneak this question in, I killed Zusere (?) and I want to fight The Undermother too but dies too easily, would it be possible with end game items? Or should i just finish the quest)

p4ran0id

Staff member
If you go to ashen capes next, you'll find better gear in sunken citadel. You need only to make your way through to get there (don't forget scroll of recall/teleport and potions!)

Fighting unweakend Undermother is not easy, you'll have better chances to survive after finishing Ark and SoH, but don't except too much, that will be still a hard fight! I never made it to kill her, even after finishing several times. But there are some Player who did it

Exolisher

What's your opinion of this? Haven't done it just some brainstorm

Grissenda: Tank type
Main Traits - Endurance, Agility for High Health and Armor. Sub Trait - Strenght.
Gear - Shield + Light Weapons (for Agi dmg benefit). Switch to 2-Hand if we're lacking damage or at a slow pace.

Hirge: Healer Type / Battle Priest
Main Traits - Personality and/or Intellect for High Mana. Sub Trait STR/END/AGI
Gear - Switch between Highest Mana or Balanced (HP AR MP) equipments
Shield + Hand Weapons or 2-Hand depending on Situation/Gear

I think it sounds good theoretically but I don't know if it will work in practical. Any opnion guys?

p4ran0id

Staff member
Exolisher":3vbyerrf said:
Grissenda: Tank type
Main Traits - Endurance, Agility for High Health and Armor. Sub Trait - Strenght.
Gear - Shield + Light Weapons (for Agi dmg benefit). Switch to 2-Hand if we're lacking damage or at a slow pace.
It's OK, but better if you don't switch between 1 and 2h weapons. Your main character is a rogue, he has high dps (i think that class has the highest dps with the right build) but can't take much damage. So better to use Gris 1h agi build only.

Hirge: Healer Type / Battle Priest
Main Traits - Personality and/or Intellect for High Mana. Sub Trait STR/END/AGI
Gear - Switch between Highest Mana or Balanced (HP AR MP) equipments
Shield + Hand Weapons or 2-Hand depending on Situation/Gear
Also here, better you concentrate on PER, INT and AGI.
END and STR is something for higher levels. Also END could be a problem, Hirge heals herself first and heal is limited. If she has too much HP, you will benefit less from healing.

Here my tank builds (both lvl 20+)

Screenshot_20180417-170815.png

Screenshot_20180417-170832.png

Screenshot_20180417-170952.png

Screenshot_20180417-171006.png

RagingAngelo

For the undermother thingy. I would suggest not to kill her weakened. Killing her in her strongest state will give you honor and pride :lol: . I'm an rouge guy in EK too. And finished ark @ Lv. 20 (Barely :D ) and killed the undermother @ Lv. 22 if I'm not wrong. Killing undermother in her strongest state means a HERO's Immortality! :lol:

Exolisher

I manage to kill The Undermother, considering how many attempts I did, I'd say it was luck and probably patience. And No, I dont have a recording of it since I gave up after so many tries (1 paralysis and I'll never wake up) so this was pretty much for fun and kill time. Although what I did was pretty straight-forward.

Quick Summary: I drank a Potion of Giant Strength and Potion of Shielding for Grissenda before talking to The Undermother (also hired an armored Mercenary). Once the fight starts I walk to have Grissenda tank it, then went behind to proc "Back Stab". The idea was to avoid the Paralysis and to increase Stun/Paralyze chances. and the rest were potion drinking and using Stab (lucky enough to proc Assassinate 30% CD and Stun/Paralyze quite alot)

Equipment: Rouge (Me) Lv22 | Grissenda Lv19
Head: Tolassian Chain Coif | Ashen Helm
Body: Velites Chain Shirt | Ashen Chestplate
Hand: Velites Chain Gauntlets | Gauntlets of Might
Neck: Bloodied Scarf | Half-Moon Medalion (forgot to change it to a better one)
Off-Hand: Dirk of Betreyal | Shield of the Dragon Hunter
Weapon: Devourer Sting | Primale Icicle
Ring: Ring of Health, Ring of Vitality | Ring of Vitality, Ilmaran Signet Ring
Back: Cloak of Might | Vorator Hide Mantle
Legg: Velites Chain Legging | Ashen Leggings
Feet: Jungle Boots | Ashen Boots
Belt: Griddle of the Rouge | Griddle of the Rouge

Skills & Traits:
Rouge (Me): STR - 3 | END - 2 | Agi - 5 | Int - 5 | Awe - 5 | Per - 5
Rouge (Me): Stab IV | Evasion III | Sneak Attack III | Precision Strikes III | Massive Criticals III | Assassinate III | Stealth, Kick Sprint I*
* To stall time for potion CD and companion revive (if lucky); Kick for slow, Sprint - create distance

Skills & Traits:
Grissenda: STR - 3 | END - 2 | Agi - 4 | Int - 1* | Awe - 1* | Per - 1*
Grissenda: Whirlwind II* | Resilience III |Fury I* | Two Handed Expert I* | Shield Expert III | Bash I* | Cleave II*
* Didn't reset points for Grissenda yet so these were just left as they were (I added 1 point for each when I just started the game)

And I chose Grissenda because, Hirge heal was too delayed and her build is Mana base so she couldn't tank, while Adaon was straight-out useless, die in Two-shots
| Color coding this was so confusing lol | Also will post my current Builds for Adaon and Hirge | BIG THANKS to JarrenDrahn and p4ran0id for the advises. |

Edit: Fixed a color coding error

p4ran0id

Staff member
Congratulations! You belong in hall of Fame!

Btw, not sure if you know it, but Undermother was designed to be unbeatable, before the player proofed the developer that it is still possible

Look at that old thread

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10019&hilit=Undermother
The quote I was talking about (Spoiler for better overview, that won't spoil anything, just make it easier to read ;) )
DavidBVal":1qsvk8qd said:
NutsOSteel":1qsvk8qd said:
I've done it but it's very hard. I'm a level 25 warrior, geared toward 2 hand weapons, but I had to change it to beat Undermother. First, I had to get INT 3 to get the Magical Training skill to use scrolls. Then I got Spiritual Ward III for +30 spirit resistance.

I geared up with all the spirit resistance gear I had including: Ironfoot boots (+8 spirit), Holy symbol of the Three necklace (+20), Myrosian Breastplate (+4), Ring of Unlife (+10), for a total spirit resistance of +78.

I bought 50 scrolls of Circle of Restoration that heals 50% HP, but more importantly revives your unconscious party member, which for me was level 23 Grissenda.

It took me about 15 tries to figure it out, but basically I just used the Charge IV skill, Bash III skill, and Whirlwind III skill on Undermother. The rest of the time, I was running around in circles using the Circle of Restoration scroll and Potions of Greater Healing. I let Grissenda keep hacking away at Undermother, then when she got paralyzed or died, I'd revive her with a scroll and let her use a Greater Potion. When my skills were charged I'd use them, then keep running.

Basically, if you get paralyzed even once it's all over. Even with the Ankh of Restoration, Undermother will kill you quickly if you get paralyzed. Undermother would kill Grissenda in about 4-6 hits after being revived. I used 21 Circle of Restoration scrolls and about 44 Greater Potions of Healing.

If it makes you feel any better, I really thought it was impossible :p

I'll make sure to add an Achievement for that on next update... maybe retroactively grant some extra drop.