Cleric is arguably the strongest class

Emeus

JarrenDrahn":a1gwktup said:
There are plenty of strategies and builds for a mage besides summoning. You can change out staffs and wands to counter elemental weaknesses just as easily as any other class. No need to spend on every elemental caster spell.
Name those "plenty of builds", only actual playable builds count. And even with elemental bonus, wand/staff deals little damage without their associate skills invest in, plus you only get a small selection of elemental wands/staff in early game, I wonder how did you counter elemental weaknesses just by that, or you are talking about a regular wielder build I mentioned before?

Even so, there are more than enough skill points to create my builds as a mage. I have had no issues there so far. The mage has been one of the most fun and rewarding classes so far for me. It's challenging yes but the game would be dull if it was just charge in and hold attack until everything is dead.
Post your build. And do you think "keep watching my iron golem teleport to my side yet ignores enemies that are chasing its master, and walk straight back to whatever it was fighting" is rewarding? Or do you think summoner is meant to push their minions all day and that is fun? Lastly, rogue can set traps or run through enemies then enter stealth, cleric can support his companions or hit & run using sacred fire, the game was never dull, as far as I heard mage is the newest class implanted, does the game dull before mage is there :lol:

I do understand the issue with missing spells around doors and such in dungeons. I usually launch a regular stave or wand attack first to see if my spell would hit before committing to a mana draining spell.
Not just before a fight, sometime you want to lure enemies to specific location so your spell could have maximum effect, let's say lightning bolt, enemies will definitely in a line when chasing you into a tunnel right? But as soon as there, the auto aim might misfunction, not just your mana wasted, you miss the boat, your spell is in cooldown, you have to run to not get chopped, then enemies chasing you out of tunnel, your plan screwed, and there is nothing you can do about, either prevent it or improve yourself. You must think this is fun as well :p

Xen

Loreseeker
Everybody can say, and even me that Cleric is the strongest class but the truth is it all depends on your playstyle. In my POV I can say that Cleric is strongest by basing it from the difficulty of use. Sure it can be the strongest but defining '"strongest" is a very subjective matter because everything has its Pros and Cons or Strength and Weaknesses, for me I define strong in this game as someone or something with the ability to dish out tremendous damage while also toying with the enemy and without relying too much to survivability talents. Before, Cleric class is one of the most underdog class in the game because of its lack of Clerical skills and you can't play it good enough without joining the Warriors Guild but now a caster and support Cleric is viable to play. But even without the amazing advanced skills before it is updated I believed that I love playing Cleric because it is very safe to play and you can take the challenge of an Ironman difficulty much easier than other classes do, I even thought that Cleric is for beginners because it is easy to play with it but I tried other classes and also love the gameplay of them. What I like about the mage is when you acquire good equipments in the late game it will change from a hard to play class to a very powerful class because it can easily tear enemies in seconds or bosses in a couple of minutes, sure Cleric can also do that but with the support of his buffs, spells, and or passives boost. Even how long my post or others' go, bottomline is it always depend on your playstyle, it is always subjective.

JarrenDrahn

Basically what Xen said. It's entirely subjective and how you like to play.

I've even done silly challenge build like beating the game with a mage using only daggers and no offensive spells on normal. You keep mentioning "viability", but honestly any build is viable, some are just easier to play than others.

The only 2 areas where I find you have to drastically alter your build or setup sometimes is the Ark and Sewer of Horrors. Everywhere else, simply altering your equipment is good enough.

As for my current mage build, I have staves skill yes because it makes sense to me for a mage to actually use staves or wands. Mages aren't designed to not use a weapon. The elemental spells are a bonus on top of your regular attacks. I then have the lightening spell because fewer enemies have shock resistance. I also have mana surge and mage armour. Haven't gotten the advanced skills yet on that mage play through.

Emeus

Xen":gayfd2no said:
bottomline is it always depend on your playstyle, it is always subjective.
JarrenDrahn ":gayfd2no said:
Basically what Xen said. It's entirely subjective and how you like to play.
True.
But subjective should based on fact, someone think 178cm is only 2cm shorter than 180cm, someone think 180cm is a divide of height, this is subjective, but if someone say 178cm is higher because people bend, then it's simply blather, just like you can't play a cleric that doesn't use heal wound and then say cleric is a weak class. it's not "entirely subjective" in this situation.

I've even done silly challenge build like beating the game with a mage using only daggers and no offensive spells on normal. You keep mentioning "viability", but honestly any build is viable, some are just easier to play than others.
Choosing to be not good at something is not a viable point. And no I'm not talking about "viability", you know what "playable" means in this situation, do you? Or perhaps you think everything is playable in Exiled Kingdoms, to you? Then please just answer my questions above, do you subjectively think those situations I mentioned are rewarding and fun :p ?

As for my current mage build, I have staves skill yes because it makes sense to me for a mage to actually use staves or wands. Mages aren't designed to not use a weapon. The elemental spells are a bonus on top of your regular attacks.
So you are talking about a wielder build after all? And you even agreed my opinion, that "the game force you to play a staff/wand wielder if you want to have some good starting experience with mage, and heavily punish those who wish to be pure casters". Perhaps like you said mages are designed this way in Exiled Kingdoms, but that doesn't make any sense in other games, pure casters are all over in those games, they may use weapons, but barely. Besides play a wielder build mage in Exiled Kingdoms is no big difference than play a hack and slash warrior, it's just "ranged", now isn't that dull :lol:

p4ran0id

Staff member
Emeus":349eylq0 said:
Perhaps like you said mages are designed this way in Exiled Kingdoms, but that doesn't make any sense in other games, pure casters are all over in those games, they may use weapons, but barely. Besides play a wielder build mage in Exiled Kingdoms is no big difference than play a hack and slash warrior, it's just "ranged", now isn't that dull :lol:

1. Yes they are designed this way
2. Other games are other games. Do you really wish that every game follow the same rules? That would be quite boring!
3. Well there are differences between archer and mage. You can't compare both.

Xen

Loreseeker
Subjective is a point of view and shouldn't always rely on fact, in Science it is called "Theory" or a conclusion without the whole evidence you can get from the world. Objective is norm or the one you called "fact", in Science it is "Law" or a widely believed norm.

I don't know which you are referring to "facts," either;

1. Evidence to support the claim
or
2. A Law to be followed(in this game's case, the mechanics of each classes)

Putting that aside, Cleric is Cleric because of its abilities that should be use, same with the other classes. There is no point to deprive yourselves from using your character's skills.

Emeus

p4ran0id":3io4fvsh said:
1. Yes they are designed this way
2. Other games are other games. Do you really wish that every game follow the same rules? That would be quite boring!
3. Well there are differences between archer and mage. You can't compare both.
Not at all! Even in other games there are mages using wands or staff, but they are more focus on developing spells instead of sticks, that is the way to make mages less boring~ A mage played like an archer would definitely be boring, and I'm sure you know what part made them different. Then compare a warrior to a mage wielder in Exiled Kingdoms, they are just doing identical thing, be it hack and slash or cast and slash, like I said, it's just ranged. And if you don't want to stick with sticks, you are fated to be screwed by the game~

JarrenDrahn

What can be achieved in the game is heavily limited by the game engine and physical memory limits of phones. Things aren't going to change at this point. With the way the game engine works, standard auto attacks on all classes were necessary.

For the price, size and overall variety of the game I have no complaints.

Emeus

Xen":307b6zy4 said:
Subjective is a point of view and shouldn't always rely on fact, in Science it is called "Theory" or a conclusion without the whole evidence you can get from the world. Objective is norm or the one you called "fact", in Science it is "Law" or a widely believed norm.

I don't know which you are referring to "facts," either;

1. Evidence to support the claim
or
2. A Law to be followed(in this game's case, the mechanics of each classes)

Putting that aside, Cleric is Cleric because of its abilities that should be use, same with the other classes. There is no point to deprive yourselves from using your character's skills.
We are not making theories, we are talking about classes in a game with visible data, you don't make a point of view about 1 > 2.

It's true, and exactly my point, there is no point to deprive yourselves from using your character's skills, unless it is deprived by the game... Which is back to my original point, want to play pure caster, play a cleric ;)

Xen

Loreseeker
Emeus":7n1p8vei said:
Not at all! Even in other games there are mages using wands or staff, but they are more focus on developing spells instead of sticks, that is the way to make mages less boring~ A mage played like an archer would definitely be boring, and I'm sure you know what part made them different. Then compare a warrior to a mage wielder in Exiled Kingdoms, they are just doing identical thing, be it hack and slash or cast and slash, like I said, it's just ranged. And if you don't want to stick with sticks, you are fated to be screwed by the game~

I think I got what you are pointing at, so you see a mage in EK as a ranged Warrior or a spellcasting Archer am I right? And you expect the mage in EK to be something that is not very reliant to equipments and potions but instead, to the ability effect of its skills?

The mechanics of EK is simple, sometimes plain, and also complicated for some like the regeneration or lifesteal effects and also the save function but EK is EK it is different from the other games.

What I love about EK is the updates, the quests, the companions, the story, and also its simplicity, and oh before I forgot the most special thing or should I say being, non other than the developer Mr. David Ballestrino. Playing EK is relaxing and not so complicated.