Cleric is arguably the strongest class

p4ran0id

Staff member
That's also a developer decision. If you don't like it, then just don't use it and play another game that suits you more.

That discussion is stupid, exiled kingdoms is exiled kingdoms, other games are other games. You can't compare that.

Let's transfer that logic to another topic, books:

It's like arguing about the murderer, it's normally the Buttler so why this book has a stranger as murderer?

Ps: have you ever played jade empire? That's an RPG with a completely different style, not comparable to other RPG. Is it bad because of it? Of course no, it's just different.

Emeus

JarrenDrahn":19o80bas said:
What can be achieved in the game is heavily limited by the game engine and physical memory limits of phones. Things aren't going to change at this point. With the way the game engine works, standard auto attacks on all classes were necessary.

For the price, size and overall variety of the game I have no complaints.
So... You just went off topic?

Umm... suit yourself :|

Emeus

Xen":2qn16a7u said:
I think I got what you are pointing at, so you see a mage in EK as a ranged Warrior or a spellcasting Archer am I right? And you expect the mage in EK to be something that is not very reliant to equipments and potions but instead, to the ability effect of its skills?
You got part of it, I simply don't want to play a mage rely on sticks, other stuffs are fine, and I finished the game that way, then when I start to playing a cleric, I findout the differences, it is simply way much eaiser, all those frustrating I got when playing a mage never happens! So I post this topic~ too bad people conveniently ignored the fact that mages have problems that are not related with "designs", and keep trying to prove their mage is good.

Emeus

p4ran0id":376jci11 said:
That's also a developer decision. If you don't like it, then just don't use it and play another game that suits you more.

That discussion is stupid, exiled kingdoms is exiled kingdoms, other games are other games. You can't compare that.

Let's transfer that logic to another topic, books:

It's like arguing about the murderer, it's normally the Buttler so why this book has a stranger as murderer?

Ps: have you ever played jade empire? That's an RPG with a completely different style, not comparable to other RPG. Is it bad because of it? Of course no, it's just different.
I like the game, I simply don't like the mage class in this game, and no it's not because of "developer designs", that discussion about mage and stick is stupid, I'm not the one who started it~

Look at my posts except those with the prize arguer, I'm simply catharsis about the dissatisfactions when I was playing a mage because mage does have some clunky mechanism, and how good I feel about cleric~ Besides, ain't I already admit that wielder mage is a good build in the first place :lol:

Xen

Loreseeker
You can play the mage in EK without relying too much to its weapon, sadly I can't show you how because i'm lazy in doing resizing of images and taking screenshots. But what can I say about mage in EK is use the terrain and your skills wisely, that is why it is hard to play mage especially in the beginning. I also think that you see mage can't cope up with other classes without utilizing the wand or staff to boost damage output, or it can't use its full potential if it doesn't rely to its wand or staff, that is why you're somewhat comparing Mage to Cleric because Cleric can fight with spells and it's armor even if its weapons is not that good. Well that is one of the difference because Mage's defense is its weapon effect from passives and also the Mage Barrier and Mage Armor. To what is the most significant difference of Mage to other classes is the variety of its pure elemental weapons and spells that can ignore the enemies resistances, with Mage you can simply exploit the weakness of the enemy.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Xen":2iy9tt4v said:
I can't show you how because i'm lazy in doing resizing of images and taking screenshots.

Just use https://postimages.org for example. You can upload your Screenshots without resizing and just add he link here (use tag.)

For example
Screenshot_20180417-193248.png

Emeus

Xen":2osnlpre said:
You can play the mage in EK without relying too much to its weapon, sadly I can't show you how because i'm lazy in doing resizing of images and taking screenshots.
:p You don't have to, I already did it, my mage was summoning lvl 11 earth elemental when he's lvl 8, if you read one of my post at page 1. Still, that's after I found out mage spells miss too often, so as soon as I know how to join Wizard's Guild I start over.

Xen

Loreseeker
p4ran0id":1zc64iry said:
Xen":1zc64iry said:
I can't show you how because i'm lazy in doing resizing of images and taking screenshots.

Just use https://postimages.org for example. You can upload your Screenshots without resizing and just add he link here (use tag.)

It doesn't work for me even if I try it many times but I used a site for resizing to change my avatar and it works.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Xen":jjk11s1a said:
It doesn't work for me even if I try it many time but I used a site for resizing to change my avatar and it works.

Don't know if it works for Avatar, but for the forum it works fine. Between the tag no space is allowed, otherwise it won't work. *tag*http://link.png*/tag*

Ps: sorry for off-topic :roll:

Xen

Loreseeker
Emeus":3t0e6wt5 said:
Xen":3t0e6wt5 said:
You can play the mage in EK without relying too much to its weapon, sadly I can't show you how because i'm lazy in doing resizing of images and taking screenshots.
:p You don't have to, I already did it, my mage was summoning lvl 11 earth elemental when he's lvl 8, if you read one of my post at page 1. Still, that's after I found out mage spells miss too often, so as soon as I know how to join Wizard's Guild I start over.

Well, maybe what Mage's lack is advanced skills to support its spell-casting side. I don't know for summons because I don't use it but I think wand and staff projectiles are considered spells in this game maybe that is the reason why there are advanced skills such as Arcanist and Disintegrate. And also spellcasting Mage is hard to use because of the mechanics of its spells, I don't have problems with that, just utilize the terrain to my advantage just like using the rogue with traps but others can feel the lack of spellcaster viability if the spells are hard to use.