The Ark - medical room

Coffee939

Does anyone have any suggestions, or welcome spoilers, for this room? I am undecided what to do. Can I sleep over and over if I want? I just entered the room and am waiting to move on.

In the Ark, does anyone have a particular strategy? The worst part is these enemies blowing up in your face, I can deal with them with a level 24 fighter who, thanks to this forum, is geared for the battled (albeit some restarts). But a bunch at once and I am toast.

Some of the rooms are unmanageable if u rush in (which I still can’t help at times). Any tips?

I cannot imagine how some of u have done this on hard. I am already thinking of trying the game over on easy with a cleric. I miss my cleric companion in the Ark.

Any help would be appreciated. I still think this Ark is too hard. Not enough gratuity in the game (allowing you to restart easier when you get killed). It’s almost cruel at times.

I continue onward!

p4ran0id

Staff member
First you can heal HP (small battery) or rest for 12h (big battery, saves game and restore everything).

You have to fight the enemies one by one or completely avoid them (run, invisible potions, etc) most important ist, to get an EMP weapon, that can stun the enemy and it deals good damage because they are weak to electricity.

Also you should get high electricity resistance and stun immunity. Ark is hard to beat, that's normal

Styxx

This has been covered in this forum plenty of times. Perhaps going back and reading it is the best advise.
Anyway, it’s hard to give you advise not knowing your build. For me, I tried both, and one handed build worked the best. Basically keep switching gear to increase armor or lightning resistance depending on who you’re facing. Take plenty of potions. Drink it after every fight to restore your health. Move slowly. Stun immunity and/or Battle rage, it does wonders to break mental effects. Level 1 is sufficient. Kill fast. Duel, flurry, heavy hand, massive criticals, precision strikes, etc make the job a lot easier.
Also, you have time to run away before things blow up, don’t just stand there after the kill.
I really think that at level 24 with the right build, ark is not that hard.

VDX_360

Staff member
Some players like to swap gear between high physical damage and high bolt resistance depending on if facing spiders or wizards, but I've never felt the need to do it.

The death attack of the spiders and wizards can be cruel but once you get the hang of it, you can easily dodge it. Alternatively, you could try having high fire resistance to make sure you live through a blast.

Facing one or two enemies at a time is a vital tactic. Move forward slowly. Get one enemy to follow you and run back to a clear area so you don't risk triggering multiple enemies. It also ensure you have room to dodge the death attack. If you charge into a room and die, that's totally on you :)

The arc is supposed to be hard. But as you chip away at it, you'll get better equipment that makes it easier.

Owns

Loreseeker
Not to repeat anyone else’s advice but if you post your build that might be helpful for people to make suggestions. A bad character build can make the Ark very difficult or even impossible. Second, try not to take longer than you need in the Ark, keep moving because you will run out of potions and batteries (though batteries are technically unlimited). My suggestion. Is try to make it to reactor level asap, that’s where you’ll find some armor and/or EMP weapons that will make things significantly easier for you. If you need to, teleport back to town after finding some good gear and start over after resting and restocking on potions. (If you killed The Underking in Sunken Citadel, you can easily teleport back to the end of the citadel using the Minotaur teleporter totem in Northern Inori).