Ruby Key #7

VDX_360

Staff member
The long awaited Ruby Key #7 is now in the game. Understandably, it unlocks the hardest of the seven undead kings. The rewards seem decent for pre-Arc areas. A sword with Beast Killer Attribute seems a good set up for the minotaurs in the Ashen Wastes.

Using a Cleric with Hirge seemed harder than with a Cleric with Griss. Hirge just wasn't healing (AI issue?). At least with Griss, her higher defense could take the blows. Still used a few summons and Scrolls of Restoration.

Mages and Rogues might have an interesting time. It's basically a cage fight with a heavy hitter.

Attachments

• EK_Jeweled_Breast_Plate.jpg
    EK_Jeweled_Breast_Plate.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 2,393
  • EK_Melporths_Sword.jpg
    EK_Melporths_Sword.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 2,393
  • EK_Key_Number_7.jpg
    EK_Key_Number_7.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 2,392

Defil3d

I have a level 21 mage and use lvl 19 hiridge with the best wepon for this boss and I can only get his health down half way. It's very hard compared to any of the other bosses the only other boss I had trouble with was the one that has poison gas but but seventh ruby key boss is definitely the hardest and idk why cause I did the whole maze and killed every shadow boss in it. Finally I gave up and just swiped the jewled brest plate for hirige and teleport outta there. Melport the impossible! :p

VDX_360

Staff member
Unless I'm mistaken, once you unlock a ruby door, you can come back anytime to try to fight the baddie inside. So maybe you can re-try the fight with Melport?