Completing Why the rush with mage

Owns

Loreseeker
BrunoPlay":2aowvsym said:
Here is the whole build of my second Mage character I created recently (with the intention of recording new videos for my channel) With this I intend to finish all the quests as in my rogue and warrior.
Interrsting build, why Strength3? I don’t get it, none of your skills need it and if it was for the HP, I would’ve stopped at 2.

Xen

Loreseeker
Owns":3hpy96yk said:
Interrsting build, why Strength3? I don’t get it, none of your skills need it and if it was for the HP, I would’ve stopped at 2.

I think he is trying to get Massive Criticals.

BrunoPlay

Loreseeker
Owns":baqvlonk said:
BrunoPlay":baqvlonk said:
Here is the whole build of my second Mage character I created recently (with the intention of recording new videos for my channel) With this I intend to finish all the quests as in my rogue and warrior.
for massive criticals.
I need to put a magic barrier between skills.

BattleLord

Staff member
Loreseeker
This will be my last update on this topic since I managed to complete the challenge!
Thank you all very much for your advice and encouragement!
I must admit though that I had to leave Amarissa behind. While I tried a few times trying to save her, the instadeath lazers ended up ruining too many runs. I'll probably retry later to get her to safety too.
Since many of you requested to see my build, I took a few screenshots of my skills, traits and current inventory.
I was very well prepared (grinded for some Vorator eggs in the few days waiting for the letter) but ended up needing only a few healing potions for when I was occasionally hit with a stray blast.
For my build I invested everything in three big things:

- Arcanist to use the EMP staff
- Lightning bolt to kill off robots that came too close
- A level 18 iron golem for GIANT. ROBOT. BATTLES.

This build ended up working great in the Ark and the Sunken Citadel. My iron golem was able to deal with every type of foe and in the Citadel it also had Hirge as healing support. The only big weakness of this build is the long reload time before being able to summon another golem. This cost me the battle against the Underking once. It also makes this build very weak and vunerable in the Ashen Wastes and the Reactor part of the Ark. Because there is no way to protect my golem from the glowing orbs I had to rush through these parts and avoid every battle that could be avoided. I was lucky to find the EMP staff in one of the normal part of the Ark since I was unable to open many chests in the Reactor part.

These are the screenshots of my build before I entered the upper deck. With the levels I gained in the Ark I was able to gain one more point in INT and one more level in Lightning bolt and one in Staff mastery (With the skill point given by the Oracle)

And then below you can see the result of the challenge.
In the end it took me less then 120 days to complete. Not as impressive as Bruno's less then 90 days but I'm still proud of it :)
Leveling also was really fast in the Ark. I entered as level 17 and gained 3 more levels in a few days.

My conclusion is that it's a really fun challenge if you know what you are doing and experienced with the game. Cleric is probably the best class for it, but it was fun trying with a different class. I'll see what other interesting challenges are waiting for me with the other achievements. I know already that the unweakened Undermother is coming soon and I'm sure that it'll be a very tough challenge. Though there are also some other hidden achievements and I'm not sure yet how I'll clear those (if they are even in the game already?)

But that's for a next topic. For now I'm going to celebrate.