Grissenda and traps

alextmn

Translator
Hey guys! Anyone experiencing companions running into spotted traps all the time? Or just me? Is there a way to make em less suicidal? :D

Owns

Loreseeker
Haha, unfortunately no way to stop them doing it other than try to maneuver around. Sometimes I use this to my advantage to reset their hp if they're low :D

p4ran0id

Staff member
Not only Gris!

Best one is Adaon! Even with trap mastery he disarmes the traps most time by running into them!

Also Hirge at SoH, she likes it to use healing while standing in toxic waste and dying before she finishes to cast the spell... :lol:

Terantatek

Weird, my grissenda tends to avoid them aslong as i do. Though sometimes i push her into them if they are in the way haha.

alextmn

Translator
You guys made me laugh my pants off! :D :D:D
Alright, I guess it is what it is. I remember Adaon "disarming" traps in his own unique way. Fanny)))
Been with Grissenda for a while tho.

VDX_360

Staff member
Companion AI has gotten better, but traps and floor damage (fire floors etc) still pose some challenges to how the game calculates path-finding.

I -- GENERALLY -- find it better to play with Companions set to Attack Only Enemies Very Near To Them. That tends to make their behavior more predictable and limits their exposure to traps. However, with that approach, sometimes there will be situations in which you will get attacked and your Companion will just stand by watching you die.

Xen

Loreseeker
You can set it to, "enemies that attack you first" that's the only time that the companion attacks the target.