Quest help w/o spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theben

Hello, have level 23 fighter with Hirge companion. Just outside of Sewer of Shadows and finished sunken citadel but not codex or ship. Also have some unfinished quests I cant seem to figure out. Dont want to cheat, but some direction would be appreciated. Need to finish:

Masters Lab: edit done.
Ancient Verses: edit done.
Cursed Abbey: beat all monsters but cant find out permanent way to kill former priest;
Missing Missionary: edit done.

Dont think I'm tough enough for Sewers or Ark yet.

Theben

Please dont tell answer but you can say "go check out x area", or something similar.

Also is it wise to go past the seal in Mount Orogg?

RougeRogue

you're on the right track with the items for the bag. It's white wolf, pearls and a type of gem. So try different kinds until you find the right ones.

For any dungeon or building you go in dont forget to check for all secret doors and anything you can intereact with. There's a lot of hidden clues and lore you can find.

Owns

Loreseeker
Theben":1a20atq1 said:
Masters Lab: I figure the coats are white wolf but dunno the rest tried gems and pearls;
There's a common theme amongst the items. 2 of the above are correct. In total 3 different types of items, 3 of each type.
Cursed Abbey: beat all monsters but cant find out permanent way to kill former priest;
This quest requires a lot of exploration and interacting with 'things' (sometimes in secret areas). Without a guide, you'll probably need to fully explore the place (use scrolls of detection to make sure you've found everything). Also, one of the steps will only trigger after you have already completed another step first. Find out why The Abbot is still around and why he isn't a regular undead, did you try attacking him?. Check back with Saint's ghost whenever you think you've found something.
Missing Missionary: Figure he's dead but haven't found yet.
Search Deepfrost Glacier... fully.
At your level and with Ashen gear, you should be strong enough for Ark, I'd recommend completing Cursedy Abbey first (not required though). Take some shock resistance with you, create a new save slot before going in. After completing the Ark you'll have even better gear and that should help prepare you for Sewers of Horror.

Good for you for trying to figure it out without spoilers, for me it's much of the fun. Enjoy!

Owns

Loreseeker
Theben":tf11zs3k said:
Ancient Verses: no clues.
This is a tough one to help you out with, without spoilers. It also involves multiple steps, each step a riddle. Since you're clueless I'll start with a clue for the first riddle telling you only the type of item you need but not specifically what:
a type of gem, you'll need 2 of it.
If you need more help with this or the next steps just let us know.

Owns

Loreseeker
Theben":2du3ttz9 said:
Hello, have level 23 fighter with Hirge companion. Just outside of Sewer of Shadows and finished sunken citadel but not codex or ship.
You should be able to find/access the ship if you've completed Sunken Citadel. Codex is in the same area as the ship but tougher to find. Keep in mind that there is more than one access point to the area that contains the ship.
Theben":2du3ttz9 said:
Also is it wise to go past the seal in Mount Orogg?
Wise? Probably not lol, but do you want to? Masochists will want to :p . I haven't made it to the end of that dungeon yet. Sadistic design... will probably give it another serious attempt after I finish SoH.

VDX_360

Staff member
Slight extra hints for Ancient Verses to go with in-game hint.

1st: Historically, gems were used for eyes in statues. So what type of gems could be called eyes of fire?
2nd: What's the ONLY thing in the game that you can harvest that grows in snow?
3rd: What's the most obvious trophy from beHEADing something?
4th: A fur coat that's filled of holes would NOT be a prefect pelt.

VDX_360

Staff member
Theben":yjrxaaic said:
Cursed Abbey: beat all monsters but cant find out permanent way to kill former priest
This is actaully a semi-common issue because people just don't read, let alone re-read books anymore :) There's a source of information about the Bishop that you might want to re-visit now that you know a little more about him...

VDX_360

Staff member
Theben":2wr7mrxu said:
Missing Missionary: Figure he's dead but haven't found yet.
The game has a theme. When looking for dead people, look for corpses or skeletons on the ground.

VDX_360

Staff member
Theben":3qa688os said:
You don't have to take on the entire Arc at once. You can start making exploring trips into the arc. It's hard at first, but once you figure out the tactics of the enemies, and have the right defensive equipment, it's a bit easier.

You can find some top tier equipment in the arc that will make the arc and other areas of the game a lot easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.