Small question about Ark of Lothasan [Spoilers].

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zanza

At what point do you learn your character is Muud'ari? I realize I can't get the Forsaken to leave peacefully even though I get everything in the debate right because I'm forced to say "I am human" or attack him - there are no other options and the wiki didn't help much in that regard. Is there some dialogue I missed that explains my character's origin? Because I can't beat the dimensional parasite and would rather skip it.

I might have to bring Amarisa with me to fight it but I saw her stats and she doesn't seem very powerful. If she dies during the battle will the story be affected?

Edit: Well, I managed to absolutely slaughter the Dimensional Parasite this time around. I saved 20 Ancient Batteries, brought Amarisa along, flanked it from behind while it was attacking Valerion. I used Flurry and proc'd EMP 8 times, so no one ended up dying. I'm still curious about those questions I asked though.

Also, what happens if you enter the gate right after killing the Parasite? I didn't do it since I wasn't going to ruin my good ending lol - I immediately inserted the Control Module and left.

VDX_360

Staff member
The required trait check is listed in the Wiki, on the bottom of the page for the Ark of Lothasan.

You have to do one of the following to learn the truth.
1) Pass a INT 5 -or- a PERS 6 trait check when talking to the ghostly figure
2) Learn the truth from the Undermother by killing the flame prophet for her.

Zanza

I had 5 int when I talked to the ghost the second time around but not when I first went to the Ark, guess that's why I didn't see it.

Also, I killed the Flame Prophet a while back and got the flame necklace but the Undermother didn't mention anything of the sort. Did I need an awareness or int check while talking to her too?

I gave the magister the data book, learned about their immortality with the pointy device, and I spared Valerion. I have 5 int, 5 personality, and 5 awareness.

Zanza

Oh, I see the problem now. When you said ghostly figure I thought you meant the dude in the ark. I haven't talked to Tremadan's ghost in a long time. I guess that was my mistake lol. All good.

VDX_360

Staff member
Zanza":3v92nvj2 said:
....the Undermother didn't mention anything of the sort. Did I need an awareness or int check while talking to her too?
No... she just tells you that there's nothing special about the blood of an archmage, which is the in-game hint that the ghostly figure isn't being forthcoming with you.

The most common issue people have with getting the peaceful ending is either not triggering their blood line secret, -or- not answering the debate questions correctly. It's possible to have all the other checks done but a wrong answer could result in a violent ending.

VDX_360

Staff member
If you can't get the peaceful ending, getting Valeran, Lady Calenda, and your sister to fight with you makes the fight a bit easier.

Zanza

VDX_360":eki4kta0 said:
The most common issue people have with getting the peaceful ending is either not triggering their blood line secret, -or- not answering the debate questions correctly. It's possible to have all the other checks done but a wrong answer could result in a violent ending.

VDX_360":eki4kta0 said:
If you can't get the peaceful ending, getting Valeran, Lady Calenda, and your sister to fight with you makes the fight a bit easier.

I know. I edited my post 30 minutes ago saying I managed to beat it. I was simply curious about a few other things, like walking into the portal after the horror dies, or if you get a game over if Amarisa dies in the fight.

The only thing I didn't know was there was an int check when you talk to Tremadan. At that early point in the game I didn't have close to that much intellect as a warrior. After he disappears you can't talk to him again, so by the time I checked the wiki it was already too late.

But thanks for the help anyway.

Argarath

Did you have to do the Undermother quest first before speaking to the ghostly figure? Because completing her quest alone was not enough for you to discover your heritage for the conversation in Ark. Without that knowledge, you will not be able to get the peaceful ending even if you achieve everything else because of the -1 choice you were forced to make that drop your value to 8 max.

Zanza

It's possible that I completed The Shards of Fate before talking to the Undermother but I don't remember. I did those quests about 9 months ago and stopped playing the game for a while after reaching Ark of Lothasan.

Status
Not open for further replies.