Archaelund (now updated with screenshots and video!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myrindor

Loreseeker
Would there be references from 'Exiled Kingdoms'?
Like the protagonist of EK is a legend in Archaelund?
Would s/he be infamous yet hinted in Ancient texts and books?
Or someone who's just another 'made-up' story for children?
Will the people pf Archaelund commemorate the EK protagonist and his close allies?
Will some of the past characters from EK show up in Archaelund?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Myrindor":3l0sq9b3 said:
Would there be references from 'Exiled Kingdoms'?
Like the protagonist of EK is a legend in Archaelund?
Would s/he be infamous yet hinted in Ancient texts and books?
Or someone who's just another 'made-up' story for children?
Will the people pf Archaelund commemorate the EK protagonist and his close allies?
Will some of the past characters from EK show up in Archaelund?

While the protagonist will remain mostly anonymous, there's references to him/her. You can see some of them a few pages back.

There's plenty of references to events and characters from EK, and also from your companions. Here's a page from the setting document, which will eventually be part of the manual:

Z9jkl4N.png

Mythdefied

I don't have a hope in hell of affording a system that can handle this, but Ima buy this game anyway, 'cause everything I'm reading is fire. I'm throwing money at ya, you the man.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Small update on development here.

Everything going great and according to plan. Right now inventory is semi-functional, humanoid 3D models look awesome and show different pieces of armor depending on equipped gear. Also I've completed the code related to aggro and initiating combat, wandering NPCs, and many other things. I keep working on improving animation and AI right now.

I still have something like 3 months ahead of me that will be fully focused on coding the core functionalities of the game. In September I'll begin implementing some game content and developing the rules in more detail. If everything goes according to plan, I still expect to release a PC Early-Access version in late Q1 2020. Still, it won't be released until I feel the quality and quantity is enough.

Note: item icons from EK and some of the 3D models below will likely not be used in release version, they're just placeholders.

YoEsQL1.jpg

y0r5iyz.png

Xen

Loreseeker
I'm hoping for a mobile release as well and not too long after the PC release.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
TributetoNostalgia":1t2msif6 said:
I've made a video for this. I hope you like it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88zNE38P5VE

Either way I truly look forward to a new game from the creator of Exiled Kingdoms!

Great work with the video. You made good use of the very scarce media I released so far to make an entertaining vid of decent length ;)

Small, unimportant correction: EK is not built on FlareRPG engine, I just used the open-license sprites but didn't even look at their code.

DavidBVal":22736j68 said:
TributetoNostalgia":22736j68 said:
I've made a video for this. I hope you like it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88zNE38P5VE

Either way I truly look forward to a new game from the creator of Exiled Kingdoms!

Great work with the video. You made good use of the very scarce media I released so far to make an entertaining vid of decent length ;)

Small, unimportant correction: EK is not built on FlareRPG engine, I just used the open-license sprites but didn't even look at their code.
Thank you! Yes, I had a feeling that statement was wrong, and I hate making mistakes so I'll make sure to correct it, clearly. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.