2. Get gold to hire a merc
3. Finish goblin quest and get Teram
4. Level 2 get Rodney
5. Learn summoner for Sparkling
6. Get Grissenda
7. Get Nuir
8. Get Lispirex

Pitfalls:
1. If your Merc dies you can't rehire with others in the party.
2. Don't go to Lannegar Captain, South entrance of Northern Bluemist, south side of Southern Bluemist, or South Jabal Hills. This will auto trigger companions to leave

HOW MANY CAN YOU GET!?

Have I missed anything or anyone? Might be able to get 9. I think there is a summon scroll that doesn't eliminate your Sparkling. If so. Then 9.

BattleLord

Staff member
Loreseeker
I must say that I haven't tried this yet so I can't speak out of experience, but there are two NPCs you haven't named yet. Though they might both not be possible for your challenge.

There is Bruno though he's impossible to get since you can never make it through the Icemist sewers without all of your party dying. And he leaves as soon as you leave the sewers so you can't go for him first.
The option that is possible it Zilda. It's going to be though to get through the mountains and jungle but it's a better possibility then trying to get through the sewer of horrors. However the downside here is that Zilda only joins you for the duration of the bank robbery. So you can have a party of 9 for that short duration, but afterwards she'll leave again.

I don't think you have forgotten anyone else. Also I don't think there is a summoning scroll that works together with another summoned creature, except if it's a bug.

Wyrm

Loreseeker
Thanks. Thought of it this last run. I keep Teram, a merc, and Rodney until Grissenda. So I have a party of 5 the entire start of game. Allows for fast dungeon clear.

I agree. No way of getting to Zilda or Breno with that group. Also there is Zenmo but no chance for weaker party members.

I do believe Earth, Fire, and Ice Elemental scrolls work with Sparkling. Not with wolf scroll, another elemental scroll, summon wolf, summon elemental, or Golem. Need to try again.

So far I can get 6. Past that Teram, Rodney, or my merc die in Orc Lair.

Would be a cool screenshot of 7,8, or 9 in your party.

Wonder what David thinks?

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Just for the sake of completeness: You forgot Zenmo. But I can't imagine keeping your group of followers alive while traversing Bluerock's entrance area.

BattleLord

Staff member
Loreseeker
Wyrm":2k62li13 said:
I do believe Earth, Fire, and Ice Elemental scrolls work with Sparkling.

I tested it out and can confirm that none of those work together with a sparkling. When any of those three gets summoned from a scroll the sparkling despawns, and when the sparkling gets spawned again the golems despawn. If that ever worked it must have been a glitch that David fixed already.

Also isn't Lispirex a lot easier to get then Nuir? Since you don't have to cross such a dangerous area to get to her and then you have 7 already?

Wyrm

Loreseeker
Nuir last would be easier.

Wait! What about Riella? She makes 9. I have to try it.

Going to try cleric with spirit wolf. Do Not rescue anyone until strong enough to get Zenmo.

Merc, Spirit Wolf or scroll, companion, Zenmo, Riella, Nuir, Lisperix, Rodney, Teram, and yourself make 10.

11 if you can manage that gang to Zilda