Kurg Kimg

FeeFiFoFum

Busy with Snake Gang quest and found Kurg King in the dungeon. This beast if formidable. I am a level 15 Mage with Griselda and have my @$$ handed to me. Fought to get there but can seem to even dent this guy. Seems to resistant to all my spells and attacks. Then lays waste to me in a few hits.

Any advice on how to beat this guy without waiting till I'm leveled up?

VDX_360

Staff member
For Ref: Wiki details on the Kurg King
https://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/ind ... =Kurg_King

The Kurg King is tough. You might need to come back in a few levels when you're a little stronger. No shame in that (wait to you find the King of Korne).

The Kurg King is resistant to all elements except Death, a common theme for beast men in the game. That poses a challenge for magical attacks that tend to be element based. Getting the Tolassian Greatstaff from Azagul Tomb might be helpful. You might be ready to get the Staff of the Dead Kings from the Royal Crypt, but you'll have to fight a pretty strong lich to get it.

If you have the spare gold, summon scrolls might be helpful to keep the Kurg King busy. I'd suggest ice golems as their higher defense will keep them in the fight a little longer. If you've learned the summon skill, that could help too.

Potions of all type can help. Might consume more resources than the fight's worth but drinking potions like a madman can increase your durability a bit.

FeeFiFoFum

Thanks for the advice. Decided to let him live for a bit longer.

Getting some leveling up and gold mining on for a bit. Found a Tolassian wand 3-5 +3death damage. May try to go back and teach the Kurg King one or two things. Also recently upgraded my Mage barrier specialization and it awesome, using in combo with disintegrate skill. (Although I am now finding that the severe lack of mana very challenging)

Would disintegrate also deal damage to the King?

VDX_360

Staff member
How's your Griss build?

For mages, Gris decked out for durability tends to help. I'm less inclined to suggest an agility build Gris now than I have been in the past, but making Gris a shield users helps keep her around longer as a meat shield.

You can make her an agility build with a focus on defense (light weapons, points invested into agility, defense skills). That gives her some extra durability so you're mage can focus on killing from a distance.

FeeFiFoFum

Yes she is a human shield. With decent 2 handed damage. Later I thought I should have focused her on the shield proficiency using 1 handed weapons. However in the beginning I needed her to kill more until my powers developed.

I am planning on wiping her traits and skill points and some point as offered at the guild's. Think I will then redistribute them towards shielding as now my mage can at least kill most level 10 or below monsters within 3 strikes without spells.

Senenleigh

Restoration Circle scroll is really nice here to keep you and griss up. Also if King Kurg is able to knock Griss back he will switch aggro to you, if you can manage to get griss alot of spirit resistance or a way to not get knocked back the fight is much easier. There is an item that makes one immune to knockback but I don't want to spoil. Probably a good idea to have some summons here as well.