Regarding the Peaceful Ending

Wyan Heyne

Hi i am new to this awesome game and this community. My character is a lvl9 Cleric. In the wiki i saw the trait checks list and found out that in order to get the peaceful ending i need to have 5 Awareness and 5 Intellect or 6 Personality. My cleric doesn't need any points in Awareness since i have no use for ranged weapons and for traps i have Thelume's Wisdom. So if i don't put any points in Awareness am i not going to be able to get the peaceful ending? And what about Warriors? They don't need any Intellect or Personailty. So are they unable to get the peaceful ending?

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
Awareness and Personality is highly useful for any character for multiple quests throughout the game.

Also, Personality (and less so Intelligence) gives MANA for Clerics so you really have no excuse.

JarrenDrahn

I have had the peaceful ending with every class no problem. There are plenty of skill points to boost your primary traits and still get other skills up by the time you hit end game.
Also, you only need 3 awareness as you can use the goggled helmet to get +2 and boost you to 5. Likewise intelligence and personality have +1 or +2 items available that you can equip before the appropriate action takes place to get the desired outcome.

VDX_360

Staff member
There are numerous pieces of equipment that raise traits. You can equip them when you need them.

In order to get the peaceful ending, you'll need to pass a series of trait checks at various points. One of which is the Ghostly Figure check that be made with an INT 5, or PER 6. -or- If I remember correctly, the Undermother's hint about your bloodline can negate that check (been awhile, a little fuzzy).

Given the peaceful ending checks are all mental checks (INT 5, AWA 5, PERS 5), Mages and Clerics are more likely to be able to meet those requirements as part of normal game play. But Rogues and Warriors can meet those requirements, esp with the use of trait raising equipment.

p4ran0id

Staff member
VDX_360":1j2c30k1 said:
One of which is the Ghostly Figure check that be made with an INT 5, or PER 6. -or- If I remember correctly, the Undermother's hint about your bloodline can negate that check (been awhile, a little fuzzy).

You can skip the origin part if you don't kill the knight at ashen capes, both give +1 so one option is enough ;)

Wyan Heyne

Thanks for helping out. I usually never play a game twice (pretty much sure that will not be the case with this one) so i try to get the best possible ending (not sure that the peaceful is the best one here but sounds like it). So i freaked out thinking i will not be able be invest in the correct traits without giving up the peaceful ending.

Also, would you mind explaing how awareness is necessary for a cleric?

VDX_360

Staff member
Awareness isn't "necessary" for a Cleric to complete the game. But that's like saying pants aren't "necessary" to walk in a blizzard.

There are several awareness checks that are required for certain quest options, or to get past gas traps, or access areas. The latter can be access by having Adaon in your party, or just skipped all together as none of those areas are truly required to complete the main quest of the game. You need to have Awareness 5 to get the peaceful ending, but you can take the violent end to beat the game. Note, the Awareness 5 includes any equipment bonuses, such as the +3 Awareness from the Arc goggles.

Ref Link: https://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/ind ... itle=Trait

That being said, having a raw Awareness 2 lets you pass most of the Awareness checks, esp after you find Awareness increasing equipment, e.g. the Amulet of Dark Whispers, than the Arc goggles. That gives you +4, +5 when all said and done.

Since Awareness increases the chance to find secret doors, traps and increases Gossip, it's useful to have a few points invested into it. Since Clerics have a detection skill, awareness isn't that vital to finding traps or secret doors. Useful, but not vital.

The Armour / damage bonus is pretty negligible for anyone other than Rogues, and even for that class, it's less useful than Agility.

VDX_360

Staff member
We're drifting away from the Peaceful Ending discussion, but the typical trait build I do for clerics is along the following:

1) Get ALL traits to 2, than invest in STR, PERS and INT to get those to 4, than only into STR. That gives a well rounded build with plenty of mana from the 4 INT, 4 PER. Equipment bonus add on top of those too. The 2 AGL gives a little extra defense when it's useful early in the game, plus some small chance to avoid trap damage.

2) Same as above, but NO points into END or AGL. That allows getting INT and PERS to 4 sooner, and than heavy investment into STR. AWA to 2 early to allow not using Adaon as a Companion for the areas that need the 2 AWA check. This build does a little more damage than the one above, esp with 2-H weapons.

Note: This are the TRAIT builds. Skill set up differs.

Due to the very cheap nature of Deepfrost Cognac, it's nothing to supplement one's mana supply with a stockpile of those drinks.

JediNxf7

I'm playing my second run (another rogue), still going for peaceful ending, but my int is 4+1 with gear and the ghostly figure still won't tell me about my heritage. I don't remember when he's supposed to stop being cagey about it since it's been like a year since my first game, but is the problem that I need int of 5 without gear?

I'm only 8 shards into the shards of fate and I don't want to finish it without him telling me my heritage, but I also don't want to sink 5 trait points into intellect if I never actually need an unsupplemented 5.