Lesser known game mechanics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alnath

I've looked for this in the wiki and here in the forums with no success, so here's an interesting question: does flanking affect in any other way than it does for rogues with the flanking bonus skill? I mean, is there any base bonus for flanking that applies to everyone? Because whether you are a rogue or not, you always get the 'flanked' blue message pop whenever you attack from behind, and even npcs do, so I figured it would mean increased damage or something.

Don Desini

Loreseeker
Whenever you open your traits menu,there is an icon in the lower left corner that will give you the Stat info for each trait.

Any highlighted skill,also has a details button that will give you all info on that skill. Reqirements,point cost,level progression, etc.

Sounkeng

Alnath":30uf96lg said:
I've looked for this in the wiki and here in the forums with no success, so here's an interesting question: does flanking affect in any other way than it does for rogues with the flanking bonus skill? I mean, is there any base bonus for flanking that applies to everyone? Because whether you are a rogue or not, you always get the 'flanked' blue message pop whenever you attack from behind, and even npcs do, so I figured it would mean increased damage or something.

Yes flanking does increase damage by +25%,

Obviously, sneak attack increases that by even more.

Hisoka Approves

Loreseeker
For rogues, the evasion skill gives you a chance to dodge all damage, not just attacks. This includes poison gas, fire, spike traps and even damage that occurs during chatboxes (from shady traveller's first strike, etc).

Celfious

it seems when I have high enough A.C. to receive minimum damage from mobs, resiliance will not reduce it anymore.

Kurdent

Translator
Minimum damage inflicted by mobs is 1 except with evasion.

Elemental damage added by weapons is not modified by any buff or when using a damage skill. It's a fix number, only decreased/increased by monster resistance to corresponding resistance.

You can trigger traps without taking damage if you use charge.

Prices are higher in Free Town, meaning you can sell your items higher there.

You can bodyblock mobs using obstacles such as doors. Because of mobs collision, if you knockback a monster, it will push back all others monsters behind it.

You can clear mobs stuck behind obstacles with ranged weapon or aoe skill (whirlwind/charge).

Your companion revive with 50% health everytime he dies if there is no nearby ennemies where your companion died (not based on your hero location).

Your companion can detect traps even if he isnt nearby or dead.

If you didn't have any aggro (they hit you first or you did some damage to them) on mobs your companion pulled, if your companion dies, mobs won't attack you unless you are in their aggro range the moment your companion dies.

Extra recovery costs 3 skill points, while medium hp pots cost 220 gold and can be spammed as you want.

You can use recovery as soon as ennemy is out of the screen.

You'll never get hit if you keep moving in the same direction while kiting.

If using a 2 handed weapon (greatsword, bow etc), you can still equip a shield to free one slot in inventory. I also put 2 rings I might need on my companion so I can swap when I want (fire/toxic resistance rings mostly) without using any inventory slot.

ThumbWarrior

Hisoka Approves":2wy1yuba said:
For rogues, the evasion skill gives you a chance to dodge all damage, not just attacks. This includes poison gas, fire, spike traps and even damage that occurs during chatboxes (from shady traveller's first strike, etc).

You won't get stabbed by shady traveler if you know the difference between the two. The bad one has certain magical items. The good one just has certain--items.

hueydvr38

Loreseeker
ThumbWarrior":1smuibbj said:
Hisoka Approves":1smuibbj said:

You won't get stabbed by shady traveler if you know the difference between the two. The bad one has certain magical items. The good one just has certain--items.

I don't think you'll find that out until after he stabs you

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Most of the information in this thread is now obsolete, locking.

Status
Not open for further replies.