High Level Builds

S.U.W.

My character just reached level 21 and has always been a two handed warrior. I have made him and his girl Gris into a pair of brutal bashers. They each use a two handed maul and are decked out in legion and platemail. They are a powerful duo. I usually run in ahead of Gris and take on the foes and leave a lot of them with one hit left so Gris can easily clean up the rear. I use her as a "finisher" mostly.

Attachments

• SUW.png
    SUW.png
    202.4 KB · Views: 1,190
  • SUW2.png
    SUW2.png
    152.4 KB · Views: 1,190
  • GRIS.png
    GRIS.png
    203 KB · Views: 1,189

Dimidium

Your build choices are very balanced in many aspects. What advantages do you have with this build. What are it's strengths and weaknesses?

Why did you not go with more Str and maxed two hand mastery? Same with your companion. Do you ever use the Greataxe of Falling Stars or the Executioner's Axe?

With 10 Strength, my L25 Warrior gets 47 DPS with 511HP and 24 armor... Adaon gets 37.7 DPS with the Jester Bow. I am posting this not to brag, but to show the characters with a bigger min/max focus.

S.U.W.

Not sure of it's strengths and weaknesses vs other builds because I only play the one character and I only did sword and shield in the very beginning. So all I have really ever known is the two handed path.

And yes I used to rock the executioners axe and still have it in my vault along with a bunch of other sweet things like Cruelty and Sonnet. And as far as DPS goes I have never really paid much attention to it. Didn't even know what it meant until a little while ago. I guess I could fiddle around with other weapons to get the best DPS but I like how Gris and I look running around with huge hammers.

As far as maxing out strength is concerned I always make my characters well balanced with strength/agility/endurance around the same levels. I find a more well rounded character is tougher overall. Works for me.

Next skill to max out will be two handed. That and whirlwind. Love whirlwind.

Frannyta

Omg 97k gold? How did you got that much? I am lvl 11 and isbreally hard to farm gold lol

Really great build... i will just continue with 1h/shield cleric/warrior o.o

Dimidium

S.U.W.":13k3clws said:
As far as maxing out strength is concerned I always make my characters well balanced with strength/agility/endurance around the same levels. I find a more well rounded character is tougher overall. Works for me.

Next skill to max out will be two handed. That and whirlwind. Love whirlwind.

Maxed Whirlwind and Charge go well together. Something two handed warriors excel at is their higher base damage, which translates to higher skill damage.

I like your companion theme. I may try that with my Gris using an idea similar to yours. I have always used Adaon since the beginning, but your idea seems fun. I'm giving her a Great Axe of Falling Stars, though...One for me and one for her.

I have some ideas for you that may make the game more fun, and you wouldn't have to switch weapons. Take them with a grain of salt if you wish, and that's okay. On the other hand, maybe you'll have a little more fun this way.

In my opinion, Agility is best left at level 2 because it doesn't offer much except an AC point. Endurance doesn't need to be over 3, either. For example, at level 25, you get 511 HP if you have 4 End (with the Ring of Oasis) and 10 Strength (with the Girdle of Might) With four Recoveries and your base HP, you have a potential 2555 Hp before needing to rest. For my builds, extra points all should go to Strength. It really takes advantage of Two-Handed Mastery. This sort of build will net about 48 DPS unboosted with 10% Stun and 137 Damage on Critical Hits. One Whirlwind could very possibly kill 4 or 5 big monsters at once, and it happens a lot, not just every now and then.

S.U.W.

Yeah with whirlwind and the dashing/slicing (forget what it's called) I can take out big groups of bandits, orcs, goblins etc. I still have to slug away at hill giants and earth elementals. I usually dash through the group. Then whirlwind in the middle of who's left while Gris is crushing the stragglers.

I think your write about not worrying to much about agility/endurance. I should be beefing up strength. It's gonna be a bitch leveling up now and getting points.

I am always farming gold in the minotaur maze and the other fortress/castles. And I only have so much gold right now because I haven't been buying potions for awhile in an attempt to save up to see how much I can get.

Dimidium

S.U.W.":3tft3zvs said:
I think your write about not worrying to much about agility/endurance. I should be beefing up strength. It's gonna be a bitch leveling up now and getting points.

Hill Giants are excellent to train on. They're high xp, good drops, and challenging. They are also one reason high strength 2H builds shine. Our high base damage goes right through their considerable armor. Trolls and Bears, you name it. High base damage rocks them to the floor.

I bet your in the tester's group already. If you're not, there's a signup thread somewhere around here. Right now the group is closed because there's no beta to test. If you are, new updates set the cost to 1gp to reset stats, skills, or your companion at your guild. It stays at 1gp until the "beta" is updated to "public".

Then, you could make both builds and tell us what you like most in this thread. The very purpose of the 1GP reset cost is to test builds through different versions.

For your rebuild, I would try something resembling this:

At your current level, I'd aim for 7 base Strength. Add one for the belt totals 8 strength. Try to also get 3 Endurance, and 1 Agility. You also need 1 Awareness and 1 Intelligence. Use the Oasis Ring to add 1 to Endurance. If you have points left after that, put them where you think would be good. Two-Handed Fighting at level 2, but it should level 3 because 10% Stun is awesome. Duel is almost unnecessary because you do so much damage this way. Max the other advanced skills though.

To test, I think the Greataxe of Falling Stars has the highest DPS right now for 2H Weapons. That doesn't make it the best weapon, but it gives a benchmark towards the weapon you choose to use.

I know you have a theme in your character and companion, but for the sake of comparing, try this maybe:

For your companion, I'd recommend Adaon. Give him the Jesters Bow and aim for 4-5 Agility first. Then add a little Endurance to keep him alive. Give him that +1 Agility / +2 Armor belt and a mix of Tolassian Chain and Assassin Armor for good Armor and Resists. He has a few really good headpieces, but the Tiara with +1 Int and Detection 2 is the best. Give him Marksman 3, Dungeoneering 3, Trap Master 3, and Gossip 3. He'll find every door, secret, and trap fast, then disarm almost every trap. Town hall quests will be super easy because he will have crazy rumor skills. At level 25, with 6 Agility, my Adaon has a DPS of 37.7 with this build! PLUS all those crazy utility type abilities. In this build, he will be able to soften up any tough opponent, and quickly kill all smaller things because of their low armor. Low armor penetration is the builds' weakness. Excellent skills and high speed damage are his strengths.

If you already knew that stuff, cool. Just wait for the update :)

S.U.W.

Wow. You put a lot of thought into your character/game. I'm just playing for the fun of it and not worrying about becoming the ultimate warrior or anything. I'm not part of the tester group. I probably should be due to how much I play this game though.
I'm just generally getting stoned and playing with a certain style that I have developed and I appreciate your intricate feedback but I'm just gonna soldier on as is and put any new points towards strength when they are available. And yeah, I can't get this "quote" system figured out so don't mind me just posting general replies or whatever.

I might buy the Falling Star axe though and test it out. I could take the Falling Star and Gris could use the Executioners axe. We could go from being a couple of maul mashing maniacs to a pair of axe swinging savages.

Dimidium

S.U.W.":31ncknza said:
Wow. You put a lot of thought into your character/game. I'm just playing for the fun of it and not worrying about becoming the ultimate warrior or anything. I'm not part of the tester group. I probably should be due to how much I play this game though.
I'm just generally getting stoned and playing with a certain style that I have developed and I appreciate your intricate feedback but I'm just gonna soldier on as is and put any new points towards strength when they are available. And yeah, I can't get this "quote" system figured out so don't mind me just posting general replies or whatever.

I might buy the Falling Star axe though and test it out. I could take the Falling Star and Gris could use the Executioners axe. We could go from being a couple of maul mashing maniacs to a pair of axe swinging savages.

Thanks. I try to help people with builds in the Warrior class. It's the one I know best. And yeah! Soldier On! Let us know here in the forums how that build fares, please.

High level discussions are important, people need to see what it's like at the top tier.

While reading a thread, if you want to quote a post someone made, click the "quote" button on that post, it'll start a new post with the post already quoted. You then type on a new line after that.

S.U.W.

Realized I could reset my skills/traits in the warriors guild. I have enough gold to fool around with so what the hell ?

I totally reset everything and maxed out strength and didn't worry about agility or endurance so much. As you can see my DPS went from 29 to 45.4

I bought the Great Axe of Falling Stars and it's pretty cool but the maul I am using does more damage.

I also maxed out 2 hand skill, whirl, dash and cleave. I also gave myself another free rest or whatever it's called.

I am liking having more strength much more. But it's much too early to give an opinion on which build is better (balanced vs strength oriented). I'll let you know.

Also why did my armor drop from 24 to 21. I didn't change anything I am wearing.

Attachments

• REBUILD.png
    REBUILD.png
    246.5 KB · Views: 1,113
  • REBUILT2.png
    REBUILT2.png
    247.3 KB · Views: 1,113