High Level Builds

RiothamusLXIV

Inspired by some of the high level builds I've seen here, and after hitting Lv20, I decided to do some experimenting. This is what I've come up with, lemme know what you guys think.

The idea here is to get LOTS of high-powered criticals and be able to fight multiple enemies at once, especially Ursans or the big groups of Deserters or Nightwings you find in Bluerock Castle. So I maxed Precision Strikes, Massive Criticals and 2-Handed Expert. I then decided to use the Duel/Heavyhand combo to accumulate extra damage with every successive swing, with no cooldown periods or trade-offs, like with Bloodlust or such. Duel is at level 3, Heavyhand at 2 (up to 13 extra damage per swing, which might not sound like much, but when fighting bosses, those points start to add up). Then we've got Resilience, Bash and Fury at Lv 2. This helps make up for the loss of defense, and I use Bash all the time when approaching groups, and a good amount of the time it'll straight kill something with a Massive Critical. Finally I spent a point to get Cleave Lv 1, which is just free damage when you need it the most. Usually, between that and my companion, I can take down 3 ursans or 2 hill giants without much fuss. Also picked up an extra Recovery per day to extend the carnage.

This is what my girl Grea looks like just walking around, no potions or Fury:
gnVNzel.png

13% chance at criticals, with a max of 132! My std DPS isn't too shabby at 48.6 and ten percent of the time, enemies won't even get a chance to fight back. The key here was finding Soul Drinker. I love this axe. LOVE it. Before that I was an S&S warrior focused on defense and armor rating (33+). In the early stages, I felt the high defense was a great way to extend how long I could fight in dungeons and also go after higher-level enemies to gain exp quicker. Now my battles are so short, my 21 armor rating is just fine :)

Now, this is what happens when I take just a Giant Strength potion:
6rzsLss.png

DPS jumps to 57.7 and max critical is 156. Not bad, right? But hold on -- check out what happens when the battle gets tough and Fury 2 kicks in:
XX0EKkK.png

DPS 74.5 and critical max at 225!!! A great rate of stun and massive criticals (5/6%). Also, with Hirge as my main companion I'll let my HP drop down to Fury levels, knowing she'll heal me. This has been saving a ton on healing potions while testing in Bluerock.

From here I'm focused on getting those 2 extra AGI points so I can learn Flurry. With the added speed, I'm dying to see what kind of damage I can do. Would also love to find the Executioner's Axe, but Gurguth's Maul works pretty well in the Deadwood for now.

ZO3dRyR.png

b7yHPSY.png

Kxq18dp.png

Dimidium

RiothamusLXIV":2rk1zgq0 said:
Inspired by some of the high level builds I've seen here, and after hitting Lv20, I decided to do some experimenting. This is what I've come up with, lemme know what you guys think.

The idea here is to get LOTS of high-powered criticals and be able to fight multiple enemies at once, especially Ursans or the big groups of Deserters or Nightwings you find in Bluerock Castle. So I maxed Precision Strikes, Massive Criticals and 2-Handed Expert. I then decided to use the Duel/Heavyhand combo to accumulate extra damage with every successive swing, with no cooldown periods or trade-offs, like with Bloodlust or such. Duel is at level 3, Heavyhand at 2 (up to 13 extra damage per swing, which might not sound like much, but when fighting bosses, those points start to add up). Then we've got Resilience, Bash and Fury at Lv 2. This helps make up for the loss of defense, and I use Bash all the time when approaching groups, and a good amount of the time it'll straight kill something with a Massive Critical. Finally I spent a point to get Cleave Lv 1, which is just free damage when you need it the most. Usually, between that and my companion, I can take down 3 ursans or 2 hill giants without much fuss. Also picked up an extra Recovery per day to extend the carnage.

This is what my girl Grea looks like just walking around, no potions or Fury:
gnVNzel.png

13% chance at criticals, with a max of 132! My std DPS isn't too shabby at 48.6 and ten percent of the time, enemies won't even get a chance to fight back. The key here was finding Soul Drinker. I love this axe. LOVE it. Before that I was an S&S warrior focused on defense and armor rating (33+). In the early stages, I felt the high defense was a great way to extend how long I could fight in dungeons and also go after higher-level enemies to gain exp quicker. Now my battles are so short, my 21 armor rating is just fine :)

Now, this is what happens when I take just a Giant Strength potion:
6rzsLss.png

DPS jumps to 57.7 and max critical is 156. Not bad, right? But hold on -- check out what happens when the battle gets tough and Fury 2 kicks in:
XX0EKkK.png

DPS 74.5 and critical max at 225!!! A great rate of stun and massive criticals (5/6%). Also, with Hirge as my main companion I'll let my HP drop down to Fury levels, knowing she'll heal me. This has been saving a ton on healing potions while testing in Bluerock.

From here I'm focused on getting those 2 extra AGI points so I can learn Flurry. With the added speed, I'm dying to see what kind of damage I can do. Would also love to find the Executioner's Axe, but Gurguth's Maul works pretty well in the Deadwood for now.

ZO3dRyR.png

b7yHPSY.png

Kxq18dp.png

Very nice build complete with a full explanation. I am impressed! This character looks very fun to play. I personally haven't tested Fury with my newest Berserker yet, but he has Flurry and I am sure you'll love it. Couple of questions though...

Do you take adaon during dungeon crawls?

Do you have a name for this build?

RiothamusLXIV

Thanks! Yeah, I've only been using her for a half a day, but it's like a hot knife through butter. The more/stronger the enemies are, the better she performs.

When I first hit a dungeon, I'll bring Adaon to reveal the secret rooms, then come back with Hirge for subsequent runs.

Haven't come up with a build name yet, lol. I'm open to suggestions!

ArrowsFTW

Very nice builds! I'll try to contribute

This Rogue build is called the "Glass Cannon."
This build hits like a truck and can cause alot of damage but it requires a player's skill to be good at duck and dodging enemies just like Dark Souls. If you don't have the skills and is easily hit by enemies then I suggest not to follow this build. Also this build is great for Bossing but requires some healing when Dungeoneering
Anyways here are the requirements:
Companion: Grissenda-Max Shield
Weapons:Jester Bow and Icicle
Traits: Every points in Agi And Awa
Skills: Max Stab, Max Archery, Max Rapid Fire, Max Trapmaster, Max Fire Explosion

The rundown: Activate Rapid Fire and keep shooting(40-80dmg)- when the enemy runs towards you hit them with a quick Stab(50-80dmg) and drop your Trap(20-30dmg) then Fire Explosion(30-50dmg) activates. The enemy is now slowed down, run away for a couple distance and activate Rapid Fire again and repeat the same process.

Regular Stats
rr70r8.png

With Rapid Fire
2z3ues4.png

Dimidium

ArrowsFTW":1kos39di said:

This build hits like a truck and can cause alot of damage but it requires a player's skill to be good at duck and dodging enemies just like Dark Souls. If you don't have the skills and is easily hit by enemies then I suggest not to follow this build. Also this build is great for Bossing but requires some healing when Dungeoneering
Skills: Max Stab, Max Archery, Max Rapid Fire, Max Trapmaster, Max Fire Explosion

The rundown: Activate Rapid Fire and keep shooting(40-80dmg)- when the enemy runs towards you hit them with a quick Stab(50-80dmg) and drop your Trap(20-30dmg) then Fire Explosion(30-50dmg) activates. The enemy is now slowed down, run away for a couple distance and activate Rapid Fire again and repeat the same process.

Regular Stats
rr70r8.png

With Rapid Fire
2z3ues4.png

Very nice. Truly crafted as a rogue should be! You certainly have a boss killer there!

Do you have good detection and traps? What are your percentages?

ArrowsFTW

Dimidium":1oyx5v8w said:
ArrowsFTW":1oyx5v8w said:

Regular Stats
rr70r8.png

With Rapid Fire
2z3ues4.png

Very nice. Truly crafted as a rogue should be! You certainly have a boss killer there!

41% Detect and 110% Traps. I often use Detect Scrolls to find hidden rooms doe lol.

Dimidium

ArrowsFTW":2jueuv7y said:
Dimidium":2jueuv7y said:
ArrowsFTW":2jueuv7y said:

Regular Stats
rr70r8.png

With Rapid Fire
2z3ues4.png

41% Detect and 110% Traps. I often use Detect Scrolls to find hidden rooms doe lol.

You could carry the Tiara with you and switch to it for dungeon crawling. It has detection II and Int 1

S.U.W.

RiothamusLXIV":2b37eh6x said:

What necklace is Hirge wearing? Looks like a pocket watch. I have never seen this before or if I have it was early in the game and I must have sold it and forgotten.

Don Desini

Loreseeker
Copy of my post from "gain a level" thread.

Lvl 23 Rogue Assassin

Attachments

• _IMG_000000_000000.jpg
    _IMG_000000_000000.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 974
  • Screenshot_2016-12-12-17-52-54.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-12-12-17-52-54.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 973
  • Screenshot_2016-12-12-17-52-27.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-12-12-17-52-27.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 973