Undecided about warrior or cleric as companion.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlfredoRosado

I have a assasin, lvl 21 and a warrior lvl 20. I'm on the fence about making a cleric. What should I do? And where should I put my point in each chtr? Which companion should I choose to help me as a ranged rogue? Also would help if I knew which is better in the long run,..a paladin or a knight? Appreciate the feedback

Dimidium

Gris should be a rogue's best choice. Give her a shield with the perks that benefit from it to make her tough. She needs END and STR the most, with spare points in AGI. Give her a shield that will work best in each given situation, and the best 1H weapon you have for a given situation. By that, I mean elemental, of course. Sonnet or Icicle are good choices, as well as the Red Dragon shield. Tell her to attack on sight, so she takes the brunt of the attacks. I would venture to say her END is the most important skill, because if she dies, it's all on you. A little less damage for a lot more HP seems to be a fair trade.

Your warrior will benefit from a rogue companion greatly. Give him Dungeoneering and a high AGI. Equip him with a Jester's Bow, too. At Level 25, my Adaon does 37.7 DPS, which is damn good for a companion. He also has 85% Disarm Traps and 95% Find Traps/Secrets. If you have that Tiara that gives Detection II and Int +1, use it! Detection I and II both stack. Have Adaon attack on sight, too. The idea is to let Adaon attract the enemies so you can move in and crush them. Since companions come back to life, this adds value to him by doing good fast damage as well as absorbing a good bit.

Finally, I never use the cleric and find her useless. Some build her as an undead killer for certain dungeons, but I never needed it as a 2H Warrior with Adaon at my side.

If you have any more questions, I'd be happy so answer.

feldon

Loreseeker
In defense of Hirge (even tho I'm a Gris man myself), she can be quite useful if set up correctly.

Between her ability to heal and intervention, she can attack with only slightly less DPS than Gris and the bulk of her mana pool will go towards keeping you alive. Intervention is nice, because by the time she is near death, she will have almost always used up 95% of her mana pool, then gets almost a full resurrection for the cost of a few mana, and you aren't left fighting alone til you clear the area..

Running with hirge can greatly limit the potions needed as well as the longevity of your runs.

MiguelIV

Hi, hirge have a better lore, she have the advantage that she could heal herself, but at lest in my case, she not always heal and die with full mana :roll: a lot of times, she is really help full in tombs
But i pretty like griss, whit a agility build, cleave and a good set she can take a lot of damage and agro, in my opinion is the best companion

AlfredoRosado

Appreciate the feedback guys. I love both. And to add both are 20+ upper level do they both do fsirly good on the field. While I love the tremendous strength my warrior has, UT I'm leaning towards the cleric. Even tho not as strong, I prefer longer runs when I'm farming in dungeons with her heal ablities. I find myself not having to go to town a s much now.

NirayaD

To those who said hirge is useless, maybe you haven't tried choosing her. She is the best companion for warriors actually. She could save u at times of death unlike adaon and Gris. She could be as strong as a warrior if u just improve her strength.

VDX_360

Staff member
I tend to pair Grissenda with a Warrior but Hirge, as a healer build, really compliments a 2-H warrior. Warrior does most the damage, Hirge keeps the health coming and does some decent damage too.

Extra plus is that Hirge gives a Warrior something to do with all those mana potions you keep finding. Hirge also has a different equipment set so no fighting over top tier stuff.

Sounkeng

Why are we replying to a year old topic? Necro much? At the time this was posted Hirge was significantly less effective, things change over the course of a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.