The Best 2 dungeons for lvl15-20 Xp/loot gains

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Tordak Q":1u0vxs58 said:
DavidBVal":1u0vxs58 said:
It is indeed a very good thread.

Thank you, Dave. I hope it's as close to accurate as you designed the instances. And I must say, thank you for this game. It's as close to the old D&D game than most of the RPG's out to date, and I've enjoyed the hell out of it.

My design method is not to overdesign things, so don't worry about accuracy ;)

Sure I have ideas and try to make things fair and fun, and not have content that is useless; but just like it happened back in the days of D&D, if you throw a daunting challenge to the players they'll always find a way through, probably a better and wilder one than the one you had imagined.

In a way, "excessive balance" is what is killing RPGs (at least for me).

VDX_360

Staff member
DavidBVal":2rqyipun said:
....and not have content that is useless...
Um... if that's true, can you explain Adaon? Since you removed the ability to push Companions onto traps, I'm not sure what use Adaon serves. Maybe we can feed him to the Undermother? Trade him in for a Sabercat at a Freetown market? I really miss pushing Adaon into traps. It was hours of fun. Note to self, I may not be fully over the being robbed while asleep incident yet. Still have some not-so-subtle hostility about it. :)

On a serious note, while spamming dungeons for level building, keep in mind the benefit of using multiple dungeons to look for rare drops or just to break up the repetitive nature of spamming. 2.5 hours of fun spamming is a lot better than 2.0 hours of board spamming. Everyone has his or her own system but variety is nice.