Safe Passage

Uljan

Hi,
I was playing the game from the beginning, again and noticed that during the safe passage quest
the ambush was sudden, without spotting the bandit boss and no dialogue pop-up. I remember he used to say something like "get them" to his hidden gang.
Is this a bug or my memory is wrong?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Yes, there's supposed to be a dialogue. Do you have an earlier save you can send me?

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
I had the same issue on several playthroughs (don't know why I never reported it). Sometimes boss and dialogue appear, sometimes not. It's definitely not related to being in a fight beforehand.

As I knew there should be a dialogue, I remember having tried it several times starting from a quicksave in the Trollfens (so there was even a map load involved), used different routes to approach the ambush spot, but all to no avail. Whatever causes the bug, it has to occur when you accept the quest, not just upon entering the map itself.

Unfortunately, I don't have a savegame I could share.

Uljan

DavidBVal":2zqa9vz9 said:
Yes, there's supposed to be a dialogue. Do you have an earlier save you can send me?
Sorry David I forgot about this post :cry:
anyway, I quicksaved before going to the usual spot where the dialogue begins. In my mind I thought the bug could be related to the quicksave happening just one step away from the target area, but I can't be sure that this is the reason it happened. Anybody had the same bug? I don't have any save prior to the event, now. Sorry man.