Defending the outpost quest

Sberry78

Hi there. I've been playing this game for a few months now and have been waiting for the update for the full game. Since I have completed all of the quests available so far I've spent time grinding here and there. Just yesterday I was in Nivarian and went into the warriors guild building to find out there was a quest that I missed. Upon receiving the quest instructions from Sargeant Morg I went to the outpost to find it empty. A few weeks ago I was fooling around in the Iross Highlands and wound up with a bunch of creatures chasing me. I headed out of the area but stopped at the outpost for some safety. The creatures began fighting the occupants of the outpost and I was able to get out. I thought nothing of it, assuming that those characters would respawn.
Unfortunately, like I mentioned, that outpost is abandoned now.

Is this a bug? Did I fail a quest without even knowing of it's existence? I have no save points prior to this as this encounter with the outpost happened so long ago.

I realize this is just a game, however I have invested a considerable amount of time on this character. I am almost a level 24 rogue and would hate to need to start over. Can this be fixed?

Thank you,

Steven

VDX_360

Staff member
I'm not sure the guards at the outpost spawn BEFORE activating the quest. If they do, that might be a problem to address with players stumbling across them.

Even if no one survives the attack on the outpost, you should be able to return to the Warriors Guild to complete the quest (with the worst reward).

For clarity, is the Quest active in your journal and what does it say exactly? I.e. does it tell you to go to the outpost?

For reference, Wiki on the quest:
http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/inde ... he_Outpost

Sberry78

I was just given the quest yesterday by Morg at which point it was posted in my journal. It says: Sargeant Morg, in Nivarian Warriors Guild, as asked me to travel to the Iross Highlands and help his men to defend the outpost near the northern mountains. He has advised me to never travel the Highlands by night.

If I go back to Morg this is his response: What​ are you doing here? The warriors at the outpost need your help!

VDX_360

Staff member
And there's no one at the outpost (NE corner of Iross Highlands, see map)? I only ask because sometimes people miss the destination. If you've doubled checked and no one's there, than it's a bug that David *might* be able to fix.... Fingers crossed.

Attachments

• Iross_Highlands.jpg
    Iross_Highlands.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 1,023

Hisoka Approves

Loreseeker
Pretty sure that quests are programmed "linearly". What I mean by this is that to progress on the quest you must follow a set order, here speaking with Xerla. Seemingly you can't reach any ending until you do that, based on the description here. Definitely something for David to look into.

Sberry78

Yeah it's the outpost labeled 3. I've tried resting my character for 12 hours to refresh everything and then check the outpost and it is still abandoned. I've also tried talking to Morg again multiple times and his dialogue is the same, telling me to go to the outpost to help defend it.

You guys are great at responding quickly and it is definitely appreciated.

Thanks again,

Steven

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
currently, if the NPCs are killed before the quest is started it can't be completed.

I'll consider making it different for next update.