Giant Chieftan rumor boss didn't show up for work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuckoorex

Recently had a rumor of a Giant Cheiftan that was supposed to be in Iross Highlands to the NE... I thought that was a bit odd, it being where the defending the outpost soldiers are stationed... anyway, I went there to look for him, and found just the usual wolves and werewolves and V-witch/corrupted sabres and one ordinary Hill Giant, no rumor boss. Looked ALL around every corner of the map a few times, nothing. Went back to Fogas and slept 6 hours, thinking maybe he'll be there when I check back... nope.

VDX_360

Staff member
Double check he's not:
1) Hidden behind a tree or mountain
2) Not in the NW (opposite of hint)
3) In the cave?

There's been a few reports of Rumor bosses not spawning on that map correctly, most were resolved as the boss was there, just behind a tree. If you can get the exact boss's name, that might help track the issue and see if there's a common element to the miss-spawns...

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Problem of rumor expiration I'm solving with saving game (not quick save). Just in case I have problems down the line.

In this particular case it would help diagnose where the boss actually is, i.e. is there a bug, or it was postion a bit harder to find.

settonull

I just had this happen to me too. It's funny cause I googled "rumor boss not there" and this was the first link I checked... But the same quest - Giant Chieftan in the northeast of Iross Highlands. I thought it was an odd spot too, since there is not a usual "encounter" spot there, but rather the outpost I helped save! I spent a full "day" in the game in the area, in case he only showed up at night/day, and managed to kill a lot of wolves and werewolves (and an unnamed hill giant) but never found the boss. I have it saved now with about a day left...

-chris

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Already fixed for next update. Don't bother looking for him, he's not there.

Status
Not open for further replies.