The Shards of Fates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcusso

I killed the dragon Faazvolfrul before taking the mission "the shards of fate", now neither the dragon nor the black shard appear, is there any other way for me to get that black shard? Or did I miss it?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Dragon and shard should be there. Are you 100% positive on the location? can I see a screenshot?

VDX_360

Staff member
Plus side, you don't *NEED* any particular shard to complete the Shards of Fate Quest. Because Rumor Bosses can drop them randomly, there's an infinite amount of the shards in the game.

Slick24

Yeah, you can get more shards from rumpr bosses. That happened to me too, but on the white dragon Ucrymdrax.

Marcusso

I have 8 black shards that I got from the other tips of the wiki, but this one specifically I could not, because as I said, the dragon and the black shard from here appear, since I killed the dragon before taking the mission of the shards of fate.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Marcusso":307i4nwj said:
but this one specifically I could not,
That is the reason why rumor bosses have shards in their loot tables. So you can finish quest.

Slick24

Yeah, you either get shard from the dungeon bosses or you have to take more rumor bosses and pateliently wait for their shard drop. Dungeon bosses doesn't drop them permanently, it also takes luck to get it from them. Not mentioning that other dungeon bosses have their shards on the chest, rather than killing them (is this a spoiler? I don't want to get in trouble so let me know early to remove it).

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Slick24":2kvbxqqc said:
Not mentioning that other dungeon bosses have their shards on the chest, rather than killing them (is this a spoiler? I don't want to get in trouble so let me know early to remove it).
I wouldn't call this a major spoiler, but it's an important hint. Faazvolfrul doesn't drop a shard himself.

@Marcusso: Did you open the chest? If so, may it be that when you opened it the first time you had a full inventory and accidentally left the shard in there or dropped it to the ground? Because if this happened, the shard will be gone forever. (Nowadays there should be a warning message, though.)

Marcusso

No, when I first opened I had a small ruby ​​and money, no more black shard

Slick24

So what am I suppose to do with extra black shards? I wish I could sell it for a lot of money.
Or maybe can be used as an ingredient to enhance crafted weapons for crafting update?

Status
Not open for further replies.