Loading times in latest update

floriangh

The loading times has increase drastically or am I the only one having this problem? I read in another topic about the slow loading but also with delay in conversation. I only have slow loading (about 10 seconds) to every transition.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Try restarting your device please. Loading times should be the same.

floriangh

Tried restarting and also clear cache and data once. Same result. Running on HTC M7.
Once home I will try to reinstall if you say loading times should be the same. I was afraid that because of the new levels this is the kind of drawback that we should get used to. It's like playing Fallout 2 all over :)

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
If a reinstall didn't solve the matter but a factory reset did, looks like maybe some app you had installed was slowing down your access to memory.

It might be a Service, not an App, so clearing running apps might not remove them; the best example about this are all the android antivirus, completely useless software that tends to slow down your system for absolutely no gain at all.

I mention it because if you reinstall everything again, the problem may return.

floriangh

DavidBVal":1d3a6acm said:
If a reinstall didn't solve the matter but a factory reset did, looks like maybe some app you had installed was slowing down your access to memory.

It might be a Service, not an App, so clearing running apps might not remove them; the best example about this are all the android antivirus, completely useless software that tends to slow down your system for absolutely no gain at all.

I mention it because if you reinstall everything again, the problem may return.

Thank you for the reply but I don't use antivirus software.Surely there was a problem with one of the apps because it was draining the battery fast.
Curious is that I didn't notice the slow down in any other apps beside Exiled Kingdom. Thank God (or the dev) that adding all the new maps didn't slow down the game.

VDX_360

Staff member
The fast battery drain might mean one of your apps or services was running in the background. And just because you don't remember installing anti-virus, doesn't mean one of your apps didn't do it for you (seriously apps do all sorts of shady things).

Given the RAM needs of Exiled Kingdoms, it's likely the app that will first feel slow down pains.