Cleric Counter-effect Spell Bug

Grim Rapper

08caf2fcf9.png

Explantion: I can't capture this picture simply because the normal "Game Over" screen fades to darkness way too fast for me, however I get a screen "Game Over" without the fade-out effect for some reason (and for no exent time too).

The reason why is when the Manticore hit me when I got 13 mana, I used the Heal Wounds II for 75hp plus an extra 8hp from Intervention to surviving the Manticore of 33 damage, but because the counter-effect spell between Intervention and Heal Wounds II that activated at the same time (yes, I got lucky), for some reason the Heal Wounds II got canceled even the text showed that I got healed by 75hp, but I just got healed by 8hp from the Intervention when I looked at my HP bar, resulting me being killed.

But for some odd reason the system seems to think that I'm still alive due to the text recognize the Heal Wounds II and therefore makes the fade-out effect not occured when it should be.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Grim Rapper":1ezmwydd said:
08caf2fcf9.png

Explantion: I can't capture this picture simply because the normal "Game Over" screen fades to darkness way too fast for me, however I get a screen "Game Over" without the fade-out effect for some reason (and for no exent time too).

The reason why is when the Manticore hit me when I got 13 mana, I used the Heal Wounds II for 75hp plus an extra 8hp from Intervention to surviving the Manticore of 33 damage, but because the counter-effect spell between Intervention and Heal Wounds II that activated at the same time (yes, I got lucky), for some reason the Heal Wounds II got canceled even the text showed that I got healed by 75hp, but I just got healed by 8hp from the Intervention when I looked at my HP bar, resulting me being killed.

But for some odd reason the system seems to think that I'm still alive due to the text recognize the Heal Wounds II and therefore makes the fade-out effect not occured when it should be.

So it just froze like that, not responding to anything?

EDIT: I asked you to send me an export, but by the time you are in the main menu to generate it, that bugged state will be gone, so nevermind. Will look into this after next release.

Grim Rapper

Yes, although the button are still responding (they're still changed in shade color when I pressed it), it didn't do anything or changed something to the screen when it happened

I personally didn't want to post this bug simply because "The dev will think I'm outright lying cuz there'll be no prove on export files or others can't recreate the bug (which I can pretty confident that you can, if you timed it right) :cry: " but considering that Cleric class will be overhauled with a lot of tweaks and buff skills, I don't want some stupid things happen when the final product is finished (alongside with the future Mage class)

also...
Grim Rapper":2fghd169 said:
...and for no exent time too)
which is at that moment, the only way to quit from the game is to force quit

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Nah, why wouldn't I believe you? I am aware my code is far from perfect.

EK has been my first game and my first large android project, so the base architecture has a few flaws that can lead to glitches. For instance, sometimes reloading respawns an area. I refactored the engine many times and I believe it is rather stable right now, but the few odd glitches that remain are very hard (or even impossible) to fix without a full rewrite of the engine, something I am not likely to do because it would bring more harm than good.

However small glitches like this can usually be circumvented somehow, I can add checks here and there that fix the behavior.