Bug in snake gang quest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tresteros

I am playing as a warrior, and decided to confront the snake instead of helping her, but when the archers started shooting me i used a scroll of recall.

Now i cant get into her lair again, and, for some reason, i defeated over 10 monsters that could drop black shard, but they didnt, and i cant get the last piece to reconstruct the eye of tol.

Please try to fix it, because the destiny of the whole kingdom lies on my hands!

Sounkeng

You should reload from an earlier save. Hopefully at the very least you haven't rested at an inn since this encounter (it autosaves when you rest)

Tresteros

Actually ive done too much already, igave up on completing the quest with this character.

The real problem is that the monsters are not dropping black shards anymore, i just cant get the last piece!

Atomos

Keep trying ;) black shards aren't common. You can also try getting shards from prodigal daughter and her mother. That's quite a challenge though, but if you're tired, you'll definitely make it ;)

thechecko

Translator
I have this issue:
I decided to confront the snake, and when the dialog close, and the archer shooting, to evade the poison trap i used a scroll of recall (returning to Friguld).
So i buy another Scorpion Venom, return to the red gate, but i cannot enter! (there is no option on the dialog).
It's a bug? Unfortunally i don't have any backup (my mistake :cry: ), so i cannot complete this quest...

Kuratha

Staff member
I didn't chose to confront the Snake but from my understanding, entering the Snake's Den is a one-time shot (similar to your one chance to rob the bank). You get one or the other, as has been consistent in quests and choices so far.

If you think of it from an in-game perspective, why would the Snake lady let you back in her den after you tried killing her? Same for the bank, 'Heya guys~! I just robbed this bank the other day so don't mind me letting myself back in.'

Lol, as fun as those situations would be...

Kuratha

Staff member
Sounkeng":pdsupty8 said:
You should reload from an earlier save. Hopefully at the very least you haven't rested at an inn since this encounter (it autosaves when you rest)
About the autosave, it opens up a new 5th slot for saving purposes that functions as a temporary save. Also, when close your game without saving or chose save and exit while in a dungeon, this 5th slot is where the save goes to.

I've found it nice for rumor hunting because I can save/quicksave before using the inn. After resting I can easily reload the save If i so chose because the sleeping save counts towards this temp save.

Handy~

Tresteros

Well i get that it wouldnt make sense to scape the snake and then come back there, but that should appear as a quest update.

The problem is, when you escape snake, you dont get to rob the bank and also you cant kill the friguld governor's minions.

Looks like a bug to me....

About the shards that werent dropping, i was able to get the last one with the greater deamon (wasnt easy though...) so thanks for the tip dudes.

Status
Not open for further replies.