Whirlwind bug?

Zeekoslav

I noticed when you get behind of the target, normal attacks apply flanked damage in blue letters, but if I use whirlwind it doesn't apply it.

I think that skills should apply flank bonus damage.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
It would be too easy to abuse. Also, while performing such maneuvers it's questionable that you could "find weak spots" on your enemy or take advantage of flank. And on top of that, the way the game engine was built would make it hard to implement.

VDX_360

Staff member
Whirlwind doesn't give flank damage. I'm not sure if Charge does either...Hmm..

Charge + Whirlwind with FLANK would be insane damage.

Atomos

Actually, isn't charge just perfect for surprise attacks? Warriors can't sneak, so approaching the enemy from behind, careful positioning, and charging (aiming is difficult!) at enemies is quite logical.

Zeekoslav

VDX_360":3dkzatz1 said:
Whirlwind doesn't give flank damage. I'm not sure if Charge does either...Hmm..

Charge + Whirlwind with FLANK would be insane damage.

But whirlwind cooldown is big enough so you can't spam it so often, I think some bonus DMG should be applied if you strike from behind.

Aztharoth

prolly coz skills already have extra damage, special attribute "hit big amount of monsters + push/dash" and cost nothing, mainly being rational a weak spot is more for a direct concentrated hit, just try to imagine a normal warrior hitting 6 enemies in weak spot same time while swinging his sword around "whirlwind" or running trough 6 enemies hiting weak spots in a single move "charge" it souns like a damn legend lvl 200+ xD

well thats my opinion, i can be wrong :D

Atomos

Aztharoth":2ahmbwc2 said:
prolly coz skills already have extra damage, special attribute "hit big amount of monsters + push/dash" and cost nothing, mainly being rational a weak spot is more for a direct concentrated hit, just try to imagine a normal warrior hitting 6 enemies in weak spot same time while swinging his sword around "whirlwind" or running trough 6 enemies hiting weak spots in a single move "charge" it souns like a damn legend lvl 200+ xD

Maybe critical hits should be disabled instead? It would make more sense, since flanking is more about hitting unprepared, and unaware opponents, than targeting weak spots.

Kuratha

Staff member
Atomos":17pg088w said:
Maybe critical hits should be disabled instead? It would make more sense, since flanking is more about hitting unprepared, and unaware opponents, than targeting weak spots.
Agreed, but I like where we're at now. Skills already do enough damage and the game is extremely well balanced play-wise.

Aztharoth

Atomos":1l7k77n9 said:
Aztharoth":1l7k77n9 said:

just change the "weak spots" to "flanking" im bad at english so i didnt find a correct explanation for this, removing isnt a solution "mine neither" i was talking bout reality but lets get back to the game, as the upper guy says, its already well balanced damage, i already can deal 1000 dage with charge without critical, flanking will make ton more damage, ranged attacks Will make alot of damage and if only warrior skills get that extra damage then warriors will be stronger than any other class so other classes will be bored to play or warrior depends if the game is balanced with warrior dps or the rest of the classes