Slowing enemy actually accelerates them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sqaq

I am a ranged rogue (bowman) and my partner, Adaon is a melee fighter.

Sometimes Adaon slows enemies, but instead of being slowed their movement is accelerated (almost tele-transported) next to me while I'm wearing a range weapon. The time I change to a melee weapon, I take some blows.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Sqaq":2ccbg8tk said:
I am a ranged rogue (bowman) and my partner, Adaon is a melee fighter.

Sometimes Adaon slows enemies, but instead of being slowed their movement is accelerated (almost tele-transported) next to me while I'm wearing a range weapon. The time I change to a melee weapon, I take some blows.

I had never heard of this behavior. The enemy remains "accelerated" for all the duration of the slow?

Sqaq

No, I mean the enemy is first accelerated from Adaon to me then slowed, while I'm shooting arrows... but it's surprising and I have to change weapon because he's to close to me, so he still has the chance to hit me once or twice.

VDX_360

Staff member
I'm having trouble picturing the exact game mechanic at play. Three overlapping issues are outlined below. Which one, if any, best describes what's going on? Knowing what's happening is critical to sorting out what's broken.
Blink: Are you talking about a blink type issue where the enemie is at one spot but than appears right next to you as if it teleported (sometimes the blink issue is due to lag in online games or a maxed RAM memory issue in hand held devices).
Ineffective: Enemy is hit and slowed but because the enemey was already charging or sprinting, the enemy's speed is not reduced allowing it to close to melee range at the same speed it would have had it not been slowed.
Opposite effect: Slowed enemies move or attack faster, the opposite effect.

Kuratha

Staff member
Another possibility is Aadon is using the Kick skill? once you've drawn aggro and is kicking the enemy to you. Doesn't explain why they aren't stunned unless a flanking attack via Kick skill doesn't proc the stun effect.

Sqaq

On a recent update, I found this :
Sometimes, effects that should push away an enemy actually dragged it closer to the player. Solved.
It might be related, I will check if it happens again...

VDX_360

Staff member
There's been a few updates since this thread was started. Locking this thread to prevent confusion.

Start a new support thread if the issue still persists with the new update (Post Jan. 1, 2018, v1.0.1054).

Status
Not open for further replies.