Potions vanish after changing map.

Zeekoslav

I noticed this first time I went to deep cauldron. Before you get in there is lava you need to pass so I used potion of resist fire. After you get in you are spawned on lava floor without resist fire buff taking full DMG from fire. I think buff should persist map changes.

VDX_360

Staff member
Huh... I think buffs are supposed to last between maps, same with summons. Did the buff run out? And by "spawn" you're referring to switching from map to map, right? I wonder if it's because the areas are different dungeon areas ..... Need to check that out later today to see how it goes.

Zeekoslav

I used the potion just before the first lava floor before you get in deep cauldron, and when I changed maps, so when I entered deep I was without fire resist and since it lasts for 60 seconds I doubt I ran out of time.

*Edit*
Ok I just checked. Potion buffs disappear after you change map.

Kuratha

Staff member
I had used Evasion a lot as a rouge most notably to run across lava, but entering a different screen would end the effect. The same with potions, cleric/warrior buffs.
-The effect was once continuous but changed a couple of updates ago.

Zeekoslav

In my opinion buffs and summons should stay active after we change map, but how game is created we could always say it took some travel time from one area to another and during that time buffs/summons are over.

Aztharoth

Zeekoslav":17qo0kgy said:
In my opinion buffs and summons should stay active after we change map, but how game is created we could always say it took some travel time from one area to another and during that time buffs/summons are over.

yeah hahaha, actually im almost sure 1 hour pass when you change map... almost... idk xD