Companions fighting unconcious, regenerating trolls

VDX_360

Staff member
Trolls that fell to non-fire weapons fall to the ground and start regenerating. Companions still attack the unconscious body, graphic wise as no damage can be done. Companions do not seem to be able to be given orders in this state. Only downside is that a companion focused on the regenerating troll can't fight other enemies and can't be given an order to stop attacking it. When troll pops back up, Companion does damage. If Companion has a non-fire weapon, problem because an endless cycle.

Happened a few times, unsure if there's a variable I'm not seeing.

Zeekoslav

Yea I saw that happening with my companion, if you have hirge she won't heal you also. Sometimes in wide areas, when I engage in combat companion can get stuck behind me running in place trying to attack the enemy but she can't reach it so she keeps running and not doing anything

Kuratha

Staff member
I found this especially annoying as I first ran through the swamps, w/o fire weapons. I had to run far enough to reset aggro, and I found that setting your companions AI to 3rd option (only attack enemies near you) lessens the chance of your companion ignoring another troll in favor for the one that is downed.

I set companion to 3rd option in dungeons and 4th option (attack all in sight) while running around. For DPS/support companions. Comp to 2nd option, if I'm DPS/Tank.