Defending the Outpost - game crashes

den135

Translator
Tried to complete "Defending the Outpost" quest and my game crashes both on my tablet and my phone (both Huawei though, maybe device-specific).

The game crashes right after i chose an option to give silver swords to soldiers and wait for attack. It gives me the last message in the dialog (something about a bunch of werewolves appearing) and crashes.

If i don't give the swords and choose an option to wait, the battle begins just fine.

Searched forum, but didn't find the same problem.
If it is just me, maybe i can give someone my savefile to kill the bastard an save right after that? I'm gonna need to gain a couple of levels beforehand anyway, so it's not urgent...

VDX_360

Staff member
There could be a RAM issue with your device. Clear your various caches?

den135

Translator
VDX_360":1ijx5o1w said:
There could be a RAM issue with your device. Clear your various caches?
Do you mean EK cache? Actually i installed it on my phone right after the bug at the tablet, so it should be relatively clean version. Anyway i will try and let you know.
Btw, do you think my workaround with savefile will work? ))

den135

Translator
Cleared a cache on the phone - and it worked!!! Hope it will work on a tablet too.

Thank you so much!!

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
There are problems with free RAM and they can be resolved with rebooting your device. Whenever you encounter something like this, first try rebooting.

den135

Translator
Thanks for the tips.
I believe i didn't had any crashes with EK before, so i thought it was some bug with the newly added quest.

I stand corrected and will try to reboot/clear cache first in case of any problems.

VDX_360

Staff member
The Developer has attempted to optimize EK with the RAM ability of hand-held devices in mind. The RAM issue is the limiting factor for a lot of aspects of the game (graphics, visible player equipment changes etc).

It's sometimes recommend to clear a devices cache periodically to avoid RAM crashes, but each device, brand, operating system, etc has it's own recommendations on the matter. Hand-held devices are a more varied platform than any other gaming system so lots of fun in trying to work with a wide list of possible constraints.