Character resets constantly when going out of a dungeon.

dansaske

After playing half way on normal,I decided to try playing hard. I originally had started the game on Samsung Galaxy Note 5. I had no bugs. I used cloud saving to move it to my old LG phone since it is pretty much my replacement for a mobile game console. I decided to replace my first character slot since it was made for my initial game mechanics testing purposes. However, for some reason, whenever I attempt to come out of a dungeon, level up, etc, my character resets from whatever level it was at to 1 with 0 experience. My relationships are also reset to 0. All the equipment my character had are taken out. The character remains at a blank state (ie, just after getting robbed in the prologue). So, I have 18 gold. I sometimes have 0 health as well. It does not seem like purchasing something (ie, potions) corrupts the save since I have saved right after the purchase. All items I put in the vault stay in the vault despite all items from my characters.

Please help.

Edit: The issue was resolved when I restarted the entire game and wrote the new save over it. I think the save file was corrupted.

VDX_360

Staff member
Current update? Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the game? The latter option is a bit extreme but if there's an installation issue, that might be the only fix.

The only other time I've seen a similar issue involves modified save files so it's possible there was a file corruption when you transferred the file?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Have you downloaded the game from from a different source than Play Store?

The few dozen times I have been reported this, it is always because of a cheated/modified version of the game.

dansaske

DavidBVal":u30vggkm said:
Have you downloaded the game from from a different source than Play Store?

The few dozen times I have been reported this, it is always because of a cheated/modified version of the game.

No, but I did do some cleaning on my LG (rooted). I know that the save file opened while I had it in the downloads folder. It probably got edited and saved while in my pocket. The LG device is also pretty old and I only have 850 MB memory space for the 1 GB RAM. Only 400 MB is free to play the game though. Probably has to do with the frequent crashes I get.

VDX_360

Staff member
dansaske":2hghsugs said:
Probably has to do with the frequent crashes I get.
Frequent crashes can wreck havoc on stored data, esp highly fluid files such as save states. Corrupted files would be a predictable symptom. Not exactly a sure cause (haven't seen your phone for started) but plausible cause.