0 hp oddities

VDX_360

Staff member
I think the following issues stem from any negative HP being displayed as 0 hp and the every so slight delay between loosing hp and the death graphic.

1) Does the death trigger occur at 0 hp, or any value less than 0?
On a recent play through, my warrior was taken down to exactly 0 hp and LIVED. I was unable to run around quite fine with 0 hp. A review of the combat log confirmed the warrior's hp was indeed exactly 0 and not a negative number displayed as 0.

2) Is there a delay between getting less than 0 hp and the death sequence? And potions healing less than expected amount?
On a recent play through, and a separate incident than above, my warrior was getting low on hp and as I pulled up the backpack screen, he received a strong hit that took him down to displayed 0 hp as the backpack menu listed his hp as 0. A Potion of Moderate Healing raised him to 40 hp, not the expected 60. A review of the combat log suggests his true health value was likely below 0 but not able to get exact value. The hero immediately died after exiting the backpack menu, but it's unsure if was due to a lingering death value from before the healing potion was used or if it was from another blow landing as the player died with 0 hp and several blows hitting.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
If this happens again please send me an EK.bak in which the issue just happened as well as any details about what was the damage source (i.e, trap, enemy blow, etc) if it's no longer in the log.