Missing saved progress

Phantherx

Hello team:

I just bought a new device, same OS (IOS) Iphone 8+ (I had an Iphone 5s) I restored my purchases and my achievements are there, but none of my saved files, when I try to import the saved file from the cloud it says that there is nothing saved. Where is all my progress? It doesn’t make any sense that I have the achievements and the full game bcs I purchased it in my previous device but not my saved files, any support to recover my saved progress?

VDX_360

Staff member
Achievements are saved on servers (cloud, etc). Game save files are stored on the device. If you still have the original device, you can create an export file (bottom of screen of continue a game screen) and that file you can transfer to your new device to bring your old saves to your new game.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Also, from reading first post, it isn't certain if you did manual backup of game to cloud.

Backup to cloud isn't automatic, it has to be done manually, as well as backup to file system.

Purchase information is linked with your account (not sure exactly how it works in iOS, but in Android it is linked with gmail address you use, so you need to log in with same gmail address), that's why you get full licence if you use same account.

As suggested, if you can, use old device to first backup game to cloud, then import it to new device.

Of course, if you did manually backup game to cloud, then we have some problem with cloud. :(

Bullbaiter

So in other words I will have to go directly on my old device and upload to cloud to transfer it to my new device?

I'm currently having the same issue.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Well, yes. :(

The game doesn't save automatically to cloud, you need to initiate it manually. Or save o file system and send manually file over wifi, email, or some other way (USB connection).

TxLime

So im having a similar issue. I just tried to transfer my saves from device 1 (Android Phone) to a new device (Pc game on steam) and it worked just fine (Made a backup/Aka copy of the save on a folder next to that the orginal, on the phone just in case). Then i tried getting the .Bak save file from the PC to the phone to see if the progress made there could be transfered, and it seems that android doesnt recognise it (No big deal).

Now the REAL ISSUE the backup I made, doesnt seem to be recognised either :C the only one i have is the one from the cloud, 3 LVL's bellow the most recent one. How could I acces the recent one?

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
I'm not sure to follow all steps you did, and thus it's hard to tell what's going on in your case.

Do you have access to latest version on any device? If you don't have it, then probably you don't have it anymore. And, it's strange that backup version didn't work.

p4ran0id

Staff member
How exactly do you try to restore the backup and in what folder is it saved? For android, put the backup in download folder, Ingame go to start new game or continue and click on restore and restore from file. It should recognise the bak file. Be careful to have only one, otherwise rename it or move somewhere else.

I don't remember in what folder to put the bak file for steam, but rest of procedure is same.

The file should work on all devices, only problem is iPhone because there is no newest version for the game. But between Android and steam is not a problem.