Movement bug

Rasse607

I tried to add an mp4 video to show what it is like but it apparently doesn't allow that format so here is a screenshot instead.

So what happens is i'm pretty much stuck. Nothing helps with the exeption of closing and openig the app.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry, I don't quite understand. Your character is stuck behind a chest? Or the controls don't respond? Do you mean that closing and reopening the app solved your problem, or the issue is still there?

Rasse607

DavidBVal":2tdeg9je said:
Sorry, I don't quite understand. Your character is stuck behind a chest? Or the controls don't respond? Do you mean that closing and reopening the app solved your problem, or the issue is still there?
Sorry I should have been more specific. So, the controls don't work. At least for the movement. Every other button works fine so the game isn't frozen but the joystick is stuck in plase. And yeah, closing and reopening the app let's me move again but this has happened to me several times. I can't recall anything in common with the times this has happened other than that i'm pretty sure it has always happened while i'm next to a wall.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Rasse607":3s061514 said:
DavidBVal":3s061514 said:
Sorry I should have been more specific. So, the controls don't work. At least for the movement. Every other button works fine so the game isn't frozen but the joystick is stuck in plase. And yeah, closing and reopening the app let's me move again but this has happened to me several times. I can't recall anything in common with the times this has happened other than that i'm pretty sure it has always happened while i'm next to a wall.

I suspect a touchscreen issue, as this is the first time I get this reported. Try to restart your device, and if you have a screen protector, make sure it's not causing trouble.

VDX_360

Staff member
There are a few places where I've been stuck behind a chest or other object like the screen shot in that tome, might even be the same room. Typically after using Charge / getting knocked back. I've either been able to Charge out or reload from a save. Might have been in that same room.

It's been very rare and hard to re-create. Maybe there's a slight gap in the solid nature of the objects?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
VDX_360":133xdwc4 said:
There are a few places where I've been stuck behind a chest or other object like the screen shot in that tome, might even be the same room. Typically after using Charge / getting knocked back. I've either been able to Charge out or reload from a save. Might have been in that same room.

It's been very rare and hard to re-create. Maybe there's a slight gap in the solid nature of the objects?

Reloading would never solve your problem if this was a collision issue, and it fixes it for Rasse607 so I'm sure it's not that.

VDX_360

Staff member
I'll keep my eye out for it. May need to spend some time with different classes trying to recreate it. Cause, finding the cause of rare problems is still easier than getting a Tome from the Lich :)

Rasse607

Ok so, this happened to me again, now in the merdxan cave. But this time I went to settings and put on the 'show touches' setting (the gray dots), and as you can see it at least isn't a screen issue. And this time there aren't any objects so i'm not stuck in anything. It just suddenly locked the joystick to that position. Once again closing closing and opening the application fixes the problem.

VDX_360

Staff member
Is the issue with your device? Phantom touch or worn out touch screen on that spot? I only ask because the issue isn't getting recreated. Still looking to find an error in the game.