Stun nullifies Paralysis?

Cuckoorex

My rogue is using the Devourer's Sting (Paralysis) and Dirk of Betrayal (Stun), and I hadn't noticed this before, but sometimes it seems that I'll hit for a Paralysis (enemy fails to resist effect) and immediately also score a Stun (again enemy fails to resist entirely), but then the enemy will only be immobilized for the duration of the second effect, the Stun. I'd like to use both because of course sometimes you'll be able to score one but not the other, but maybe I'd be better off using a non-stunning offhand weapon?

Also, do Stun and/or Paralysis not "stack" against enemies? It seems like the effects stack against me, but maybe I'm just unlucky to get hit with paralysis or stun immediately after recovering from the first one.

VDX_360

Staff member
There could be a more comprehensive explanation on the Wiki on how stun and paralysis play with each other. Warriors and Rogue builds built around stun / paralysis seem to have a few unexplained oddities (warriors getting stun from 2-H expert and paralysis from the Permafrost Greataxe).

On a similar note, how does stun chance stack with skill and a weapon? For example Warriors using 2-H Expert and Clerics with Crusader get a baseline stun chance. How does that stack with weapon stun chance? Are they rolled independently or rolled as a single bigger variable?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
VDX_360":3m33lq3q said:
There could be a more comprehensive explanation on the Wiki on how stun and paralysis play with each other. Warriors and Rogue builds built around stun / paralysis seem to have a few unexplained oddities (warriors getting stun from 2-H expert and paralysis from the Permafrost Greataxe).

On a similar note, how does stun chance stack with skill and a weapon? For example Warriors using 2-H Expert and Clerics with Crusader get a baseline stun chance. How does that stack with weapon stun chance? Are they rolled independently or rolled as a single bigger variable?

All effects should stack and not interfere (although there are parts of the code I'd need to check, I can't rule out a bug), and all chances are rolled separately.