Possible to speed up map loading?

RougeRogue

Hi,

Are there any tricks i can do to speed up the map loading times? Im running stock lollipop (5.1.1) on a samsung note 4 and get around 12-15 seconds to load a map.

thanks

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Did you try to restart your device? Sometimes low memory can cause some problems.

RougeRogue

Sometimes the game will force quit, which I assume is related to memory. I tend to clear the memory through task manager before starting, but haven't restarted it to specifically play the game.

Ill give it a go, cheers for the idea.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I wouldn't kill tasks if I was you, it really does not help much. But I bet your device will work much better after a restart.

RougeRogue

Loading times have dropped to about 8 seconds now, much more bearable. cheers :)

DavidBVal":2ycrh1xa said:
I wouldn't kill tasks if I was you, it really does not help much. But I bet your device will work much better after a restart.

I never knew clearing memory through task manager didnt do much, what's it for?

VDX_360

Staff member
Restarting helps a slow device by clearing the memory cache and stopping any random programs running in the background.

Another tactic that can help is turning the wifi off to the device. Depending on the device and loaded apps, turning off the wifi might make some to no difference, but it helps prolong the battery life so benefits even it doesn't help the loading time. Apps that check for updates or use wifi in the background can use up device memory, clogging the device, so to speak. Turning the wifi off makes sure even a background feature can't keep trying to connect to the internet.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
RougeRogue":36g8jpou said:
Loading times have dropped to about 8 seconds now, much more bearable. cheers :)

DavidBVal":36g8jpou said:

It's mostly a "panic button" to make people feel better, especially people coming from a Windows background. Android knows how to handle memory by itself very well, knowing what processes to keep in memory and which ones to cache, etc. It's true that sometimes a stuck app can slow down your device, but as a general rule task managers, "cleaners", "optimizers" and other similar apps do more harm than good in Android. Same with antivirus.

RougeRogue

DavidBVal":3m416yqj said:
RougeRogue":3m416yqj said:

DavidBVal":3m416yqj said:

It's mostly a "panic button" to make people feel better, especially people coming from a Windows background...

lol :) good to know

VOSTOK

Translator
Try some custom android. Or for me is the best optimized system based on android - is MIUI8. Really love how it handles apps and allows only what I need without some unpredictible background services.
Or simply return to factory default. On advertised brands like Samsung or Sony it helps much and seems the only way to improve "speed" of mobile phone.