Saving game to SD card

Mvkush

I've tried a few times to save the game to my SD card with no success, is there a way? I have a older phone, so it's nice to save on the SD card to free up space.

VDX_360

Staff member
The "Export & Cloud Save" button on the Choose a game menu (appears after hitting the continue a game from start scree) creates the back up file on the device that can than be transferred, emailed, etc as any other file.

File is automatically named "/storage/emulated/0/ek.bak?" and can be accessed via the main (root) storage of your device---how you do that depends on your device but a simple Google search should locate step-by-step directions.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
VDX, I think he means installing the game on SD. This is possible since many versions ago, can you please confirm what is your version of the game, and what problem are you having when you try to move to SD?

If you mean your saved games, then no, they go into the Android app storage memory just like most apps do, but it should not be much space. Maybe 1Mb if you have a few characters.

Mvkush

I've tried to put the game on the SD card here and there since the game came out with no luck.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I just tried on one of my test devices and worked fine. Could you do a little experiment and move another app of similar size to your SD card? (100mb)

Mvkush

This is my second biggest app I could use as the experiment, Pandora, hope this helps. I've tried all kinds of stuff to get it to work. I haven't tried clearing the cache, I'm not sure what it does.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I am not sure what can be failing, to be honest. Being an older phone (and probably OS version) I might not be able to further test or solve this.

Try to do the following:

1) Export your data to a file (Export&Cloud menu)
2) Uninstall EK
3) Restart your phone
4) If possible, reformat your SD card in your PC (copy its contents to a folder, then format the card and copy them back)
5) Reinstall, and before even opening the game try to move it to SD.

If this fails, I am afraid there's not much else I can do. The game "manifest" states it can be moved to external storage, and this is the first similar report I have of the issue.

Mvkush

I'm guessing you're right with the old OS on the phone, I'll try the mentioned above. Thanks.