Hirge lost her name

VOSTOK

Translator
Screenshot_2018_01_12_12_26_17_757_net_fdgames_ek_android.png

As You can see there is just comma "Cleric" in the right corner from the top. No name. Same no name in conversation window.
Using the last version of EK. English language.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
VOSTOK":opbfhr5p said:
Screenshot_2018_01_12_12_26_17_757_net_fdgames_ek_android.png

As You can see there is just comma "Cleric" in the right corner from the top. No name. Same no name in conversation window.
Using the last version of EK. English language.

Interesting. I think this is language related. She originally spawned when game was in Russian language, then you switched to english? The name is there but it is in characters that don't exist in that font.

VOSTOK

Translator
Dismissed her to check Grissenda. She is ok. Swithced in to Russian. Traveled to New-Garand to hire Hirge again. In Russian version everithing is fine. Conversation window as well fine.
Screenshot_2018_01_12_13_07_20_816_net_fdgames_ek_android.png

Back to English version - no name again. Switched off new fonts. Appeared even character abovd but in russian. Said good buy to Hirge, left area, slept two times 12h +12h. Saved and closed game. Started game slept again 24 hours. Entered area. Hirge has name above her in Russian. Hired her - everithing in English - name in Russian. I mean everithing in English - Towns and etc. Saved. . Switched on new fonts. Game closed. Opened. Loaded. Her names disappeared from everywhere again.

As I visually remember in Russian Language she always had name. English language I am using before update.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
New fonts are unable to display russian characters. The game is not very capable of handling frequent language switches, I am afraid. For the rest of the world, it's solved with a respawn. Companions however are "saved" in your game file, so their name is never refreshed, no matter how much you sleep.

I'll add a quick fix for this: whenever you enter an area (or load a game), party member names will be re-generated with current language settings.