[Small Bugs/Notes] Ark|Trigger Sound|Regeneration|Cleric

toopa

Translator
I'm referring to the version that was released on Dec 30, so I don't know if any of these bugs/problems have been fixed.

- in Ark (Reactor) there is the gate where you have to type "Scotty" to unlock it, you get the same dialogue again, even when you opened the door already (not sure if you need to sleep in inn, reload/exit game to trigger this)

- a problem not that bad but annoying: monsters that can't attack you but are in your view rage get "triggered" all the time. The annoying part about that is that they make a "battle-sound" when they are triggered. Best example: the wolves in Bandit Hideout

- not sure if it's just my phone but at the very start of the game where you stay over night with Adaon, I didn't recover my health and that stuff immediately, but when I was running towards Lannegar ("regeneration was delayed")

- Cleric: when you have Crusader skill LVL 1 and a weapon with Holy 1, the extra damage won't stack. I expected 2+2 = 4 extra damage but I only deal 2 extra damage. Is that planned that way?

VDX_360

Staff member
toopa":2uuh6ase said:
I'm referring to the version that was released on Dec 30, so I don't know if any of these bugs/problems have been fixed.
Please update to the current version (1.061 or so). I don't think the items you point out are impacted by the recent updates but having the most current version is the best way to ensure not reporting already fixed issues.

VDX_360

Staff member
toopa":2f2p9k3i said:
when you have Crusader skill LVL 1 and a weapon with Holy 1, the extra damage won't stack. I expected 2+2 = 4 extra damage but I only deal 2 extra damage. Is that planned that way?
First, the extra damage from Holy and Crusader applies only to undead enemy types. Just double checking. The stun chance is against all enemy types.

Second, Holy and Crusader add damage in two different ways. Holy, and all basic attribute types (Holy, Orc Slayer, Beast Slayer etc) add basic non-elemental damage to your attack. Crusader adds spirit damage as an elemental add-on. So Crusader's damage appears on it's own line in the combat log and on screen. Holy's damage is blended in with your basic attack damage.

With Holy I and Crusader I, you should notice 2 extra damage in your basic attack line and 2 spirit damage. Double check if that's not happening.

toopa

Translator
I already updated 1-2 days ago, but I wrote a list of these problems and can't remember 100% which problems happened in the old version and I didn't want to check all problems again.

I thought that Holy I adds 2 spirit damage, so I expected +4 spirit damage (because the Clerics ability adds +2 spirit damage as well). If that's not the case then it's probably working.

VDX_360

Staff member
Check your "details" button on the inventory screen. You should see a breakdown of special damage.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
It should stack. Can we get a screenshot showing the character, weapon, and a brief damage log showing some damage?

VDX_360

Staff member
I think the issue isn't that the damage isn't stacking, so much as the original poster expected it to stack as +4 Spirit damage, not a combine +4 (+2 physical, +2 spirit).

VDX_360

Staff member
See graphic aid.

A Cleric with Crusader III and a weapon with Holy I would get a damage bonus against undead of +6 Spirit damage and +2 physical damage. In the example below, using Ghost Bane, there's also +6 Shock damage.

Note, that the damage range in the Attack Stats is 11 to 14, plus 6 shock damage. Yet, the weapon hit for 16 damage, which shows the +2 from Holy I being added into the equation because the target was an undead enemy type. Note, that due to the range of damage calculations, the post-Holy I damage range would be 13 to 16, but showing the max hit value proves the value is being added into the attack. Attacks over 14 wouldn't be possible without it, in this case.

Elemental damage from the weapon, +6 Shock, gets it's own line. So does the Spirit damage from Crusader III, +6 Spirit Damage.

To check your build for Comparison of Holy I and Crusader I, do a similar comparison. You should see +2 Spirit Damage on it's own line in the combat log as well as a physical damage range that's +2 higher than the basic attack stats.

Attachments

• Cleric_graphic_aid.jpg
    Cleric_graphic_aid.jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 541