Severe Fps Issues

fistacuffs

Hi, since the beginning of downloading this amazing game I've always had mild fps issues in the general game areas, however whenever I've entered dungeons with high monster density (eg Lamth lvl 2, Mercian, Abbey amongst others) I experience very very low fps rates, sometimes it takes 5 seconds to switch between a single frame. I've done some searching on the forums and have so far: cleared cache, restarted device, backed up save and done clean reinstall of game all to no avail. I'm using a ZTE T84 (2gb ram, 1.5Ghz octa-core ARM CPU). I have 5gb free internal and 15gb free SD card storage. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I've fallen in love with this game and would love to keep enjoying it far into the distant future :)

Thanks in advance.

fistacuffs

Ps: I have on average 1.1gb free ram. Could this be the issue, does Ek require a higher amount of free ram to run smoothly?

fistacuffs

Just another update: downloaded an app manager and was able to see my memory and CPU usage. With EK open and running (in Abbey) my CPU usage went from 45% to 65% and ram dropped from 1.2gb free to 900mb free. Still lagging very badly in dungeons. Doesn't seem like fps drop is affected by my system usage so I'm still totally in the dark as to why this is happening...

Slick24

Maybe try closing tabs that you don't need, then try restarting your phone.
Or maybe you have some other apps that runs along with EK.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Just to mention, there can be bugs related to certain device. I remember problems with S3, don't know if David was able to solve them or not, but it is possible that there's something in devices software (or maybe hardware) that causes this issue. :(

fistacuffs

Slick24":1tb7unaj said:
Maybe try closing tabs that you don't need, then try restarting your phone.
Or maybe you have some other apps that runs along with EK.

I have tried disabling most apps except for the necessary system ones, downloaded a cache cleaner and junk file cleaner + booster, I have closed all apps in background d and all tabs possible. After all this I've only noticed a very slight improvement in a dungeon. Seems I have some kind of curse :(

fistacuffs

Alan_SP":2nocuxlh said:
Just to mention, there can be bugs related to certain device. I remember problems with S3, don't know if David was able to solve them or not, but it is possible that there's something in devices software (or maybe hardware) that causes this issue. :(

Fair enough, that sounds like a possibility based on the fact that I've tried so many different things. When i get time I might do a backup of and factory reset of my phone + EK just to be sure.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
From the data I have from Play Store, ZTE T84 has higher than average ratings and a reasonable number of purchases, and I never got a similar support report so I don't think there is a hardware incompatibility. It looks more like a software issue. If a simple reboot didn't solve it, it can maybe be related to one of the OpenGL libraries in your current android version for your device being buggy, for instance; it has happened before with Samsung and Asus devices. Check if there are system updates for your device.

I am afraid there is nothing I can do in this case, but if the game has become unplayable on your device feel free to contact via email to request a refund, no matter how old is the purchase. Sorry for the inconvenience.

fistacuffs

DavidBVal":19ha2qpz said:
From the data I have from Play Store, ZTE T84 has higher than average ratings and a reasonable number of purchases, and I never got a similar support report so I don't think there is a hardware incompatibility. It looks more like a software issue. If a simple reboot didn't solve it, it can maybe be related to one of the OpenGL libraries in your current android version for your device being buggy, for instance; it has happened before with Samsung and Asus devices. Check if there are system updates for your device.

I am afraid there is nothing I can do in this case, but if the game has become unplayable on your device feel free to contact via email to request a refund, no matter how old is the purchase. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for the feeback, i appreciate the offer of a refund and hope it won't come to that as you've made a truly amazing RPG and i dont want to move on just yet =)

Sad to report that after full hard phone reset, up to date android and a fresh install of EK with a fresh character i still experience the same symptoms. Ran a lvl 1 new character to orc stronghold south of Kingsbridge and fps dropped to 3-5 frames.

Considering what you said about the play store data for this device could it be possible that the current version (5.0.2) of android is the issue? If so could i solve this (if it's even possible) to revert to an older version of android?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
fistacuffs":ujbc9wvc said:
Considering what you said about the play store data for this device could it be possible that the current version (5.0.2) of android is the issue? If so could i solve this (if it's even possible) to revert to an older version of android?

I really have no way to know :(

that android version in itself is not a problem, but who knows. I got an update from Xiaomi a year ago that destroyed my device's performance, it was fixed later on. But if your device performs well with other 2D games, then it might not be that, it might be an unsolvable compatibility issue. Which is weird.

you tried this on a fresh install, right? no "antivirus" or "optimizers"?