Severe Fps Issues

fistacuffs

DavidBVal":1wk1iqqi said:
But if your device performs well with other 2D games, then it might not be that, it might be an unsolvable compatibility issue. Which is weird.
ive installed a GBA emulator and played various games on that (metroid fusion, pokemon) with no issues but no similar open world/instanced top-view rpg's.

DavidBVal":1wk1iqqi said:
you tried this on a fresh install, right? no "antivirus" or "optimizers"?

Correct. Since installing EK for the first time iv'e rooted and unrooted(before hard reset) my phone to try things like custom(smaller) resolution apps and boosters to try fix fps drop, none of which worked. The issue was there from day one... pre rooting/boosting and the like.

Like i said, the latest attempt was on a hard reset (format and fresh install of device like it comes from the store), update and before any other apps were installed.

Sorry if this is a bit of a hasstle for you and again, i appreciate the support.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Have you ever tried a complete reinstall of OS? Not just hard reset, but downloading an image (from developer or LineageOS) and flash your device threw bootloader?

As far as I can see you installed a lot of different apps and also rooted your phone. It could be that you got infected or something similar, a hard reset won't solve this.

I would recommend to reflash your device completely and to try it out again.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
fistacuffs":11dbhlu3 said:
Thanks for the feeback, i appreciate the offer of a refund and hope it won't come to that as you've made a truly amazing RPG and i dont want to move on just yet =)
If that can't be solved on your phone, you can get refund for mobile version and switch to PC version. Just mention it, as we soon will have it on Steam.

Later, if you switch to another phone, you can buy licence again.

There really can be something with your phone, specific to that phone. :(

fistacuffs

p4ran0id":260xukek said:
Have you ever tried a complete reinstall of OS? Not just hard reset, but downloading an image (from developer or LineageOS) and flash your device threw bootloader?

As far as I can see you installed a lot of different apps and also rooted your phone. It could be that you got infected or something similar, a hard reset won't solve this.

I would recommend to reflash your device completely and to try it out again.

As I said above the game had the fps issues from day one... Before I rooted, boosted or tried any thing else to fix it.

fistacuffs

Alan_SP":1klm9fjp said:
fistacuffs":1klm9fjp said:
Thanks for the feeback, i appreciate the offer of a refund and hope it won't come to that as you've made a truly amazing RPG and i dont want to move on just yet =)
If that can't be solved on your phone, you can get refund for mobile version and switch to PC version. Just mention it, as we soon will have it on Steam.

Later, if you switch to another phone, you can buy licence again.

There really can be something with your phone, specific to that phone. :(

I got EK because I work away from home quite often so going to PC won't really work. Also this is a pretty fresh phone so won't be getting a new one anytime soon.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Is the game installed on internal storage or on SD card? A slow SD card could also be the reason for your problems.

fistacuffs

p4ran0id":qf3jdt56 said:
Is the game installed on internal storage or on SD card? A slow SD card could also be the reason for your problems.

Internal, I can't even move it to SD, phone says not enough free space on SD even though I have over 10gb free

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
fistacuffs":3rn8h5zk said:
I got EK because I work away from home quite often so going to PC won't really work. Also this is a pretty fresh phone so won't be getting a new one anytime soon.

Yes, I thought this may be the case, but just mentioned PC version, as for some (like me) it is in a way better solution sometimes. And sometimes it is better to have it on phone. Really hope David will manage to enable cloud saves.

Anyway, hope that something will help you solve your issue.