Requesting feedback on the bash-pushing bug

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
As you probably know, rarely when an orc or other monster bashes you, there's a chance you'll be pushed away through the whole map. Hilarious as it is, I'd like to have this fixed, and the code looks good upon inspection.

Some questions that can help me find the reason, and that maybe you can answer:

-Does this happen with other monsters that can potentially push you back? for instance, Ursans with Whirlwind.

-Have you ever pushed away a creature like that, way longer than expected? In my own experience it only happens when the player is pushed, but I don't play nearly as much as some of you.

If you have any other relevant info on this bug, please share.

Atomos

I played as a warrior with bash skill through the whole game, and the only problem I had, was with rangers who made "additional" attack after being bashed

Wyrm

Loreseeker
Low level mages up to level 5 get smashed across entire screen. I can reproduce it regularly in the S. Bluemist River against Level 5 Orc Warriors or greater. As the Mage leveled up the knockback wasn't as great or not all except versus Orc Elite 8. I would have to restart a mage to give you level by level as the effect wears off. But Level 3 mage or lower happens over and over.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Wyrm":2vpu8jy5 said:
Low level mages up to level 5 get smashed across entire screen. I can reproduce it regularly in the S. Bluemist River against Level 5 Orc Warriors or greater. As the Mage leveled up the knockback wasn't as great or not all except versus Orc Elite 8. I would have to restart a mage to give you level by level as the effect wears off. But Level 3 mage or lower happens over and over.

Can you please send me a savegame instants before being pushed like that? No matter how much I tried, I can never reproduce this consistently enough to find the cause.

Wyrm

Loreseeker
Coming up. I will restart a mage. Give me little time.

To be clear:
Quicksave or pause and Save in menu?

Figured it out. So level 1 can't reproduce. Only Level 2 grunts. Bash by Orc Warrior and Elites are the cause. So I will need to level up.
Could not replicate with Ursan at level 2. Next is to level up to 3. Then fight orcs in S. Bluemist. This way Orc warriors will spawn. Brb

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Wyrm":7q067wwr said:
Coming up. I will restart a mage. Give me little time.

To be clear:
Quicksave or pause and Save in menu?

Quicksave is perfect! Sent you a PM

Wyrm

Loreseeker
Hmm. Im not duplicating at level 3. But I definitely had it happen to my level 3 mage. Give me some time. Im too easy to kill.

Just sent you file. Got a level a 12 Orc Commander to drive a level 11 mage clear across in Kingsbridge, but the cement wall stopped her. Let me know. I will try again

I can duplicate it easy/ let me know if that worked

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Will check tomorrow, but the save is before the bash, right?