Skill Reset Problem

BadRandy217

Ok first time posting so hopefully i offer up something useful. I'm currently a level 20 cleric in the town of Nivarian. I think i found an issue with advanced skills when doing a reset.

I'm trying to reset my skills for the first time in the warriors guild. I'm paying to reset my skill points (This also removed my advanced skill points)
My current Advanced Skills are
Guardian Wolf III
Battle Prayer I
Flames of Faith I

I'm able to learn the Guardian Wolf III without talking to anyone but the Battle Prayer and Flames of Faith are no longer available as an option

Then i head over to the Hall of Wisdom in the same town and talk with Bishop Bareid to learn the advanced skills again of Battle Prayer and Flames of Faith and it is no longer an option to learn them.

Thinking that I was supposed to pay to reset the Advanced Skills as well i reloaded the game and then reset the basic skills and the advanced skills.
Now I can't increase the wolf skill and still can't relearn the Battle Prayer or Flames of Faith.

I hope this is all the details you need. If i'm doing something wrong like I have to reset in my own temple or something please let me know.

Thank
Bad Randy

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Does your character meet the listed requirements for the skill he tries to learn / train?

BadRandy217

thank you.... you nailed it. Been playing the game for over a year and never noticed that part of the requirements for the skills! Live and Learn.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Also it should be noted that, although Battle Prayer and Flames of Faith are only available to members of the Three, there was a former glitch in the game which allowed you to learn those skills even if you were not a member.

So maybe you learned them once while this was possible and after resetting your skills the system noticed that you are actually not fulfilling the prerequisites?

Xen

Loreseeker
I have a Cleric with Battle Prayer and Flames of Faith together with Duel and Heavy Hand.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Xen":2an1iob0 said:
I have a Cleric with Battle Prayer and Flames of Faith together with Duel and Heavy Hand.
That's what I mean: Such a build shouldn't be possible anymore with the current version of the game, because you cannot be a member of the Warriors guild and the Three at the same time. Would be interesting to see what happens if you reset your skills...