Screen broken on old phone - can I transfer saved games?

Makeine

I bought the full version with my previous phone. I have to confess that I never cloud saved (my bad, I know). I meant to cloud save before upgrading to a new phone. Then I had an accident and my screen broke. I haven't tried yet, but is it possible to transfer my saved games via laptop? I have a level 24 warrior and a level 21 mage. Hoping I don't have to start over. :lol:

p4ran0id

Staff member
Device? If android, is that rooted? Besides that, (at least with android) you can use a Bluetooth mouse to control the device.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Makeine":ql91l9nq said:
Huawei G7. So it is Android. Beyond that, I'm not very tech savvy

Is the Touchscreen still working?
You have to export the savegame at least once. Otherwise you have to learn how to use adb to copy the savefile from root folder (that's really complicated)
Or you have a USB Host Adapter to use a cable mouse for control.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
If you didn't exported to file system or cloud, I think that save files are in EK folder (didn't looked where exactly it is saved), so you would need access to your device through computer and copy it, compress to EK.bak (zip format) and put on new device in root. After that, you'll probably be able to import it on new device.

You'll need to be know your way around Android file system to find where EK is installed and where save folder is within EK installation.

p4ran0id

Staff member
That's not accessible to normal users. That's the problem.
My unrooted device can't access the save file (my rooted needs a reset, shutdown while finding the stored files :oops:)

The files are stored somewhere at /data/data if I remember correctly. It's definitely only available in root folder. It's possible to access that with a rooted device (I did that before) or maybe per adb, but not really sure how.

Ps: $#*t, I accidentally destroyed my rooted device, has a damaged battery now I have to reinstall (shutdown while loading, sys is gone now) the whole thing... I tell you tomorrow the exact location, but that's definitely only at the root folder, without root or twrp or similar that's hard to access

Makeine

The touch screen is now unreadable. I can still swipe it to answer a call or to switch off the alarm. But I'll only be able to see what I'm doing by accessing it from a different device

p4ran0id

Staff member
You could get a mhl hdmi adapter to access it via external display.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
If everything works (including touchscreen tapping) but you can't see what's happening, the only thing I can think of is trying to generate an EK.bak "blindly", then copy it via USB. If you know where menus and buttons are, it could work.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Yes, that's the best idea. Adb isn't really an option for you, you have to unlock developer options, activate USB debugging and authorize your PC before getting access. That's much harder doing that blind. Better try to export your savegame