Multiple Attribute Bug

fearsome_warrior

Loreseeker
I have noticed this bug in game for a long time but it’s really annoying me now. When equipping an equipment piece onto your character or companion that contributes an attribute point when two pieces give one attribute point it displays the message that only one attribute will count

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Why do you think this is a bug? The game is designed such that you can only receive additional points for a specific trait from one piece of armor at a time (only the piece providing the highest trait bonus counts). The message just reminds you of this fact.

Or do you mean something different?

Owns

Loreseeker
I think he means that this happens if you have two pieces of equipment adding the same attribute equipped, then you swap another piece of equipment that affects a different attribute, not the same one, it'll still give you the message anyway.

Say I have 2 rings equipped that both add intelligence, then I equip a glove that adds agility, I'll get the multiple attribute message even though no other equipment also adds agility. The game seems to always check all equipment for multiple attributes, not only the attributes on the piece most recently equipped. This would be a nice fix.

fearsome_warrior

Loreseeker
Owns":2sj79119 said:
I think he means that this happens if you have two pieces of equipment adding the same attribute equipped, then you swap another piece of equipment that affects a different attribute, not the same one, it'll still give you the message anyway.
Yeah that’s exactly what I mean just couldn’t put it into words