Issue with cloud thingy

Kressara

Hi there,

I’m trying to retrieve my games and saves from the cloud after a phone reset and game reinstall. However whenever I click the top left icon on the title screen to use my cloud data the game crashes and disappears. Tried reinstalling the app to no avail.

Thanks in advance!

p4ran0id

Staff member
Which device, OS, Rom do you use?

For Android:
A) if it's stock Rom, try to update Google play/Google games. If that won't work, delete your account from device and add it again
B) for custom Rom (like Lineageos), download the newest gapps, rest like 1)

p4ran0id

Staff member
Well that's a problem...

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=15958

Not sure if David found a solution. Can you download the file from the cloud and manually import that? Ios cloud backup is buggy at the moment

Kressara

Ah, I will have to wait for a more permanent fix then as I have no way to do a file transfer as suggested.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
It's not entirely in my hands... Google Play Games suddenly dropped support for iOS, and even if it still works for most users, Apple latest updates seems to be causing a lot of trouble. Do you own an android device? if you do, restore your backup on it. and then export it to a file; you can then copy it to your PC and from there to any other device you own, iOS or Android.

Kressara

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I don’t have any of those things available to me, I can wait until it gets sorted though as I appreciate stuff like this takes time :) or I may just start a new game...

p4ran0id

Staff member
How exactly does it work at iOS? Do you have a google account for cloud Backup?

If yes, then its easy to solve (workaround)!

go to https://takeout.google.com/settings/takeout with your google account. then choose Google Play Games for export.

After Downloading the archive, there is a Exiled Kingdoms Folder.

Inside that, there is a file called Data.bin thats the export file, just put it on your phone (send yourself an email) and rename it to EK.bak. then you can import that file without any problems

I just tested the whole procedure and it works fine. I'm not sure about ios, it depends on the account you use for that service. But it should work similar, as long as you can login to takeout.

Kressara

Thanks for this! I suspect it’s going to work but I’m having a few issues with following the instructions. I log into the takeout thingy, I select google play games services (there is no option title just google play games). And I create an archive. However when I come to download the archive the file size is very small and seems to have bundled the files into one. I can separate the EK folder from the downloaded file.

Also, clicking the file will only allow me to preview the information which does indeed mention EK...

I really appreciate your time here! Spent hours on my character and would hate to have to do another!

p4ran0id

Staff member
It has all save games inside, just choose the exiled kingdoms folder. Here the path

Screenshot_20180609-121716.png