It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:41 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:56 am 

The Foresaken inside the magistrate's house after clearing the Unknown Dungeon didn't appear. Everything else worked fine, including getting the key off the body.

Had Griss with me. Not sure if that played a factor in it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:18 pm 

VDX_360 wrote:
The Foresaken inside the magistrate's house after clearing the Unknown Dungeon didn't appear.

From my memory, there's no ambush, you just get letter and key, or something like this. All fighting is done in dungeon, later you just visit house for aftermath.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:07 pm 
Loreseeker

Alan_SP wrote:
From my memory, there's no ambush, you just get letter and key, or something like this. All fighting is done in dungeon, later you just visit house for aftermath.
This is how I remembered it too, but recently I played through that bit again and was ambushed... so I've seen it happen both ways, I don't remember there being any choices you can make that might influence this outcome.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:27 pm 

I have memories of fighting inside the house. Plus, the Wiki describes a fight inside the house.

So was the fight removed from the game? Is there an intervening factor? Are we all suffering from group hysteria?

I have memories of finding the Invisible Swamp Donkey so it's possible I've drank too much friguld rum again....

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:30 am 
Loreseeker

EK Translator: German
The ambush is supposed to happen, but I guess it's a matter of whether the map has reset or not. So if you clear the Unknown Dungeon quickly and return to the house before it has reset, no enemy will appear. If enough time has elapsed to reset it or if you slept at an inn before entering it again, than the ambush should always happen. Maybe you still have a savegame to verify this theory...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:53 pm 
EK Developer, Admin

MikeB wrote:
The ambush is supposed to happen, but I guess it's a matter of whether the map has reset or not. So if you clear the Unknown Dungeon quickly and return to the house before it has reset, no enemy will appear. If enough time has elapsed to reset it or if you slept at an inn before entering it again, than the ambush should always happen. Maybe you still have a savegame to verify this theory...

It's probably this, as I changed nothing recently. Maybe I should make some time pass when you transition to the Unknown Dungeon, 6 hours should be enough.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:41 pm 

MikeB wrote:
The ambush is supposed to happen, but I guess it's a matter of whether the map has reset or not.

It may very well be just that, known problem with sometimes not spawning what needs to be spawned. Well spotted.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:38 pm 

My vote is for not enough in-game time passing for the map to reset.

That's what I get for not larking around in the dungeon. In my defense, the less time spent dragging Adaon around, the happier I am (he robbed you in your sleep, never forget. NEVER!!!!). :-)

On a role-play note, this could make sense. If you escape quick enough you could make it back to the magistrate's house before the Forsaken even known what you're up to. We'll work that into the plot line....maybe.

I don't have a save state that is far back enough to allow testing the theory, but a new game could get to the point fairly quickly so I might be able to test it out this weekend.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:25 am 
Loreseeker

MikeB wrote:
The ambush is supposed to happen, but I guess it's a matter of whether the map has reset or not.
This sounds about right. From the different outcomes I've experienced, I also sometimes slept in between and sometimes didn't sleep before revisiting the house after escaping. Don't remember exactly which times I slept vs. didn't so it still needs to be confirmed but this is probably the right answer.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:35 am 

Tested it out: common thread seems to be map generation.

Ambush doesn't happen if you go right to the Magistrate's house right after the Unknown Dungeon without having died in the dungoen, even if an in-game day passes (well 23 hours). The ambush appears to happen if you die in the Unknown Dungeon and the game starts from the auto-save. The ambush happens if you stay at an inn, leave and come back to New Garand (sometimes?), and if you re-load from a save file. The last one making it hard to test out various outcomes to different factors.